Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bent the rear chassis plate a little,does anyone make a weld in brace kit ? Something along the lines of a tube replacement to remove the thin steel plate to beef the whole area up ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll grab pics today

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
View attachment 241635 Here is the area that took the hit
We are twins! Lol.

I have a similar dent. I am gong to get the factory Utv rear skid with the aluminum piece sandwiches between the frame and skid.

The line star weld on rear gusset would be a good thing to have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
asshole you owe me a neck adjustment now, fix that crap!!!

You need the Lonestar kit to fix than then you need to adjust your damn shocks to keep from smacking the rear end of the car. After all that you need to look for a new product that will eliminate your root issue.
Root cause is big rock in the trail.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Root cause is big rock in the trail.

WRONG!!!

its the 7/8" clearance at full bump BRP designed. But I may know of something that will fix this issue, cant say or talk about it due to the WOW factor and that Baja Designs and Razorback are always ready to steal ideas.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
These smart phones are not so smart when it comes to taking pictures. When I open this image up in Photoshop it measures 56" x 42", 4032x 3024 pixels. Way too big for what this forum allows. Too bad Tapatalk couldn't downsize the images before they are placed in a thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are twins! Lol.

I have a similar dent. I am gong to get the factory Utv rear skid with the aluminum piece sandwiches between the frame and skid.

The line star weld on rear gusset would be a good thing to have too.

Looking at those also but might make my own with a little thicker aluminium and and bend the plate up around back with the UHMW over everything gonna price a sheet today

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
asshole you owe me a neck adjustment now, fix that crap!!!

You need the Lonestar kit to fix than then you need to adjust your damn shocks to keep from smacking the rear end of the car. After all that you need to look for a new product that will eliminate your root issue.
It will get fixed stronger,looking at a few different ideas to brace and beef up that area. Got a few buddy’s I’m gonna talk to up here. Shocks need new springs and some work,it the terrain up here and high speed can’t always avoid shit.simply put you play you pay,it’s all part of it.harder you play the bigger the bills would love to hear your ideas via PM

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Biggest thing is it could of been way worse,as I don’t think I cracked anything on the cases so that’s a big plus.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
WRONG!!!

its the 7/8" clearance at full bump BRP designed. But I may know of something that will fix this issue, cant say or talk about it due to the WOW factor and that Baja Designs and Razorback are always ready to steal ideas.
That is for sure part of the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts