Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, anyone that has made/mounted/added a rear storage box, have you noticed any reduction in cab noise? All that open space I'd like to think there is some reduction. I'm planning on making something out of plywood for that area.

Why Can Am would cheap out on making a proper storage area is beyond me.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have the BRP cargo liner installed and yes it does deflect some of the exhaust noise but not alot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I'm hoping a thicker base like plywood will help

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Good to know. I'm hoping a thicker base like plywood will help

Yes it will, and you can also spray the underside with rhino liner or undercoating to deaden alot more sound

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Need a place to store recovery gear or a cooler or other supplies needed for an adventure thats not a perforated piece of plastic with no sides

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Need a place to store recovery gear or a cooler or other supplies needed for an adventure thats not a perforated piece of plastic with no sides

Try contacting SoCalMav. He has a box mounted in the bed area.

·
Premium Member
8,284 Posts

I carry a bag of tools, cooler, tow strap and a fire extinguisher on mine. How much crap do you carry? I also carry a bag under the seat with tools to replace a belt and a cheap compressor. And two spare belts in my glovebox.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a sound dampening project with storage benefits more then anything. I want to put a stereo in the unit eventually but for now there's no point because it's so loud

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just curious, anyone that has made/mounted/added a rear storage box, have you noticed any reduction in cab noise? All that open space I'd like to think there is some reduction. I'm planning on making something out of plywood for that area.

Why Can Am would cheap out on making a proper storage area is beyond me.

I installed the BRP liner this weekend and actually think it makes it louder in the cockpit. Almost seems like the engine noise resonates up thru the gap behind the seats and is reflected right at you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts