Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Really bad experience with the local mobile service guy!

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  AZSteele 
#1 ·
I had this guy do some service work and pull my shocks off so I could take them to get valved. I pay him for the service and pulling the shocks.

He tells me the bushings in the front A arms are bad and the two heims on the ST tie rods. I ask how much and he quotes "about 3" hours, says the car is apart, wheels and shocks are off and on jack stands already. He has me get the heims and bushings so he can just come back and when he puts the shocks back on. Has me gets the wrong the thread heim. RH VS LH . So now I have parts I dont need.

He then charges 5 hours for the first day and another 2 for the next day to put on the heims he had me get that were wrong, So 7 hours on a job he said 3 hours. I would not have even said a word at the first day charge of 5 hours even though he said "about 3" , but then to charge 2 more for parts that would have only taken a short time while the car was apart and on the jack stands

Not happy with this guy.

His name is Justin with Renegade a Facebook guy.

My two cents.

Tim

See less See more
#5 ·
Can you come to Cali and install my gusset kit, radius rods, ST toe link kit and radius rod bolt kit? :big smile:

#4 ·
So Pay him for his quote. If he is slow that's on him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: AZSteele
#12 ·
I can do oil changes

#15 ·
Its funny, the off road industry was born in ca. and a big majority of them in san diego but with the tree huggers takin over and the state just making it hard to do biz. In all the good guys went to az. A much better biz. Environment and the state actually likes off roaders + guns. Wow what a place to be living in (Great)

Reactions: crzrtx and BLR
#16 ·
Still lots of off-road companies in CA. Those that moved were probably struggling, but not because of California. Still the Mecca of the off-road world. Robby Gordon still has his shop in Anaheim. Several premier trophy truck builders here (Mason Motorsports and a few others). Herbst family has there race shop here. McMillan’s and a bunch of other top race teams.

Alumni craft, Jimco, Camburg, Brenthal, Racer Engineering. Danzio Motors, Dougan’s Racing Engines, Currie Enterprises, Kibbetech, King Shocks, Walker Evans, Funco, and a shit ton I can’t remember. Shall I keep going?

Geiser is the only trophy truck builders in AZ. I think they are originally from AZ. So who has left to go to AZ?

People leaving this state are either retiring, their company moved them/job takes them away or they could not hack it . A very very small percentage are leaving solely because they don’t like the political makeup of the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: goflight2
#22 ·
I live in a small town in Ca. pop 125. I just got lit up in my own driveway by chp for getting my mail 1/4 mile from my house in my x3. Yes you make more money in Ca. but the second I can afford to leave I am gone. My best friend is retired leo and he loathes the po po as much as I do. First thing out of the cops mouth was to threaten to shoot my dogs.

#23 ·
I dident mean to start any controversy ,not saying all off road is dead in ca , was just making a comment that growing up in socal there used to be everybody in and around the san diego area especially el cajon, Santee, lakeside , there are a lot of newer guys ,brenthal bros, I like their stuff but it was ca ,shutting down riding area’s and making for a more hostal environment for co.s to do biz, in not off road related but some of the largest corps have fled , toyota moved their operations out of state their 250+ acre site is empty and the town they were in is wondering where the tax money they lost is coming from ca used to be the best place to be before the libs got ahold of it , I have my oldest son that made great wages operator
Local 12 was always broke he moved to az took a big hit in pay but houseing is a 1/3 the cost food prob 1/5 the cost gas is close to 2.00 a gallon less. He wishes he would've moved 10 years ago , also quit the union more job opportunity's
any ways a couple more years I'm gone also Im tired of being 1 new law away from being a criminal. Oh wait I changed my exhaust I am a criminal. Gotta go hide out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.