Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed one of these gems in my Xds. I love all the features. I considered the Alba Racing analog gauge, but if it's not mounted directly in front of you'll likely misread the gauge reading, I also think it would be difficult to read the graduations while bouncing around. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be so looking at a real time digital display is much easier for me. The LED's make reading the gauge that much easier. Also the Alba gauge reads air temperature not actual belt temperature.
I was aware that it had a green LED but I wasn't aware that it changed color and flashed too. I attached a page from the owners manual that details the many LED functions. I feel much better now that I can monitor what is going on inside the clutch cover. I would highly recommend this gauge over the others and the guys at razorback are great to deal with too.

Tech23

Attachments

Reactions: dirtyj

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what kind of temps did you see?

I used mine for the first time last weekend. Only slow low gear rock crawling on the Rubicon though. Never really saw anything over 120

I'm still doing the heat cycle belt break in. I'm reading 147° before I stop to let it cool and let the dog out to run around for a while

i see 156 on a good ride and 198 when my belt exploded
I guess you have an X3 looking at your profile pic. Your belt gets tugged on a lot harder than my 101hp Maverick does...lol. Even though the belt is wider on the X3 did the belt give any warning before letting go, or did the temp reading mislead you into thinking all was good? It looks like 198° is supposed to be "all is good" territory.

Tech23

·
Official Site Vendor
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sell and use Razorback and this is a great solution for belt temps. 1500 hard miles on the original belt. Just back out of the throttle when temps get above 180 and your belt will last longer. Christmas specials are on. PM for info. Here is a link:

https://www.proutvparts.com/collections/razorback-technology/products/utv-and-sxs-belt-temperature-gauge-3-0-edition
That's the best price I've seen yet.

Does this mean I'll likely never see a yellow or red LED before the belt lets go?

Tech23

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
i see 156 on a good ride and 198 when my belt exploded
so, when you saw 190 plus did you back it down to let the belt cool or keep hammer down???? 198 isn't the supposed danger zone.

For me, this is the reason I'm not putting a gauge on this car...It's not an exact science when the belts break....Many variables....I was sick of staring at that damm thing...LOL

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
so, when you saw 190 plus did you back it down to let the belt cool or keep hammer down???? 198 isn't the supposed danger zone.

For me, this is the reason I'm not putting a gauge on this car...It's not an exact science when the belts break....Many variables....I was sick of staring at that damm thing...LOL

Wadmaster duning " but my temp wasn't that high, why is my belt broken?" :money:

Pretty much one a weekend there for a while.

The x3 is proving to be much better I bet. Tim

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts