Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rattling sound coming from under the console, more beside the driver seat. I haven't pulled stuff apart before to see what all is under there. It would probably be on the front of the engine or the five shaft going to the front differential. Is this normal and what should I check for?

It only has 9 hours and about 80 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Somewhat of a frequent problem on these, and this has been discussed in a few other good threads on the subject....do a quick search and you will find them.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have read some of the other threads on this, I had the same type of rattle I beleive. I found the noise was the double wall exhaust system on the front exhaust/head tube. I drilled a few 5/16 holes with a spot weld cutter in the outer tube and "rosett weld" the outer tube to the inner tube to get rid of the rattle. I also wrapped the tube with heat wrap to cut down heat/noise in the cab while I had it off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I noticed mine did the same thing I slid over a rock and pushed the center belly pan up and the bottom of the engine was rattling on it

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
WOW Deja Vu, My first post "Rattling" Maverick it's still on here. Like SCOTTD says lots of help on this topic in the search. Mine starts at 4,400 RPM and stays. I recently wrapped the header pipes,still there. Did not do what AZTRAIL did and I'd bet money that would take care of it. I only wish this would of been a RECALL issue because alot of the Mavs seem to have this problem. Good luck and let us know if you fix it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Check the plastic "trash shield" surrounding the front driveshaft. It's directly under the gear shift area. These are known to come loose and drag on the rotating driveshaft. Makes the kind of noise you describe. That's what the problem was on mine. Several others on here have had the issue as well. Good place to start.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Try greasing the coupler on the shaft that engages the four wheel drive. Took care of my raddle. I doubt its called a coupler, but you get the drift.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Not sure if this is your problem but On the maxx the carrier is non grease-able and will cause a little rattle after about 800 miles. Easiest way to tell if it is it is to go from 4wd to 2wd on the road then gas a little and see if the noise difference any

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check your front driveline make sure it has proper amount of grease and has no movement or play in it after you grease it,use hand grease gun not air fills better

1 - 9 of 9 Posts