Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From the start my Maverick X 2013 as had a rattle up front of engine, at 4,4000 RPM and up.It is loud and annoying for the driver, guests and on lookers. I traded up from the commander for the ultimate machine. It has been in the shop twice now, one being 10hr check-up. It is back in because the BRP teck guys thought the problem was something to do with the exhaust pipe, a simple tack weld could be the answer. Seems not to be. The problem here is, the shop or shops don't have the time to keep looking. A recall might be in order??? Please, I need answers has what it might be or what I can do to pin point it. The shop I am dealing with knows this is a problem because they have two on the show room floor doing the same thing. HELP

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have the exact same rattle, i believe somebody posted on here that it rattles because the exhaust headers are double walled tubing and wrapping them with header wrap is the only cure.its absolutely annoying and my wife bitches about, so i just plant my foot and get out of those annoying rpm's :wink:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Search the forum. Several threads on this exact issue. I don't recall the fix

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
you are whinning about a rattle and you cannot pinpoint it for the dealer to fix. sounds like you are the problem, use the search function before asking any questions. Invest a little of your time, nothing is free.

and whinning because your sxs is at the dealer for its 10 hour service is ridicoulous. You should go buy a rope.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mine had an irritating rattle right below the gear shifter. Only at certain RPM's also. I ended up removing the skid plates and discovered the plastic debris shield around the front driveshaft dangling loose due to a missing fastener. Took care of that, and problem solved.

I would say do the same: remove all of your skid plates, have an assistant rev the motor a bit to get it into that RPM resonance zone, and then while underneath the car see if you can hear or feel where the vibration is emanating from. That's what I'd do.

Good luck to you, and please let us all know what you find!

Reactions: dirtyj

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep,2 choices. Do your own investigating to locate the item that is rattling or live with. Just because mine had a rattle doesn't mean your rattle is exactly the same. Spend some time with the machine.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
you are whinning about a rattle and you cannot pinpoint it for the dealer to fix. sounds like you are the problem, use the search function before asking any questions. Invest a little of your time, nothing is free.

and whinning because your sxs is at the dealer for its 10 hour service is ridicoulous. You should go buy a rope.
Damn!!! You been drinking? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
713 Posts
From the start my Maverick X 2013 as had a rattle at 4,4000 RPM and up.It is loud and annoying for the driver, guests and on lookers. I traded up from the commander for the ultimate machine. It has been in the shop twice now, one being 10hr check-up. It is back in because the BRP teck guys thought the problem was something to do with the exhaust pipe, a simple tack weld could be the answer. Seems not to be. The problem here is, the shop or shops don't have the time to keep looking. A recall might be in order??? Please, I need answers has what it might be or what I can do to pin point it. The shop I am dealing with knows this is a problem because they have two on the show room floor doing the same thing. HELP
Don't listen to these dickheads. People come here looking for answers and are called whiners, WTF? Your question is legit and several people have had this same issue.

Where do you think the noise is coming from? I'd try to have some drive and you listen which is how I pin pointed the issue with my commander. I also took the cover off and that did the trick. It was a heat shield.

Good luck, I know it's annoying as hell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wish it was my problem

From the start my Maverick X 2013 as had a rattle at 4,4000 RPM and up.It is loud and annoying for the driver, guests and on lookers. I traded up from the commander for the ultimate machine. It has been in the shop twice now, one being 10hr check-up. It is back in because the BRP teck guys thought the problem was something to do with the exhaust pipe, a simple tack weld could be the answer. Seems not to be. The problem here is, the shop or shops don't have the time to keep looking. A recall might be in order??? Please, I need answers has what it might be or what I can do to pin point it. The shop I am dealing with knows this is a problem because they have two on the show room floor doing the same thing. HELP
Good lord my transmission does not work....2 belts in 5 hrs.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts

mega, why did they ban you? if so how can you still post?

·
Registered
401 Posts
LOL.. He got banned, that's funny. With posts like the one in this thread it doesn't surprise me. Telling a guy he should hang himself for coming to our forums and seeking help for a well known issue gets you banned..... good choice by the mods in my opinion.
It's amazing he was around for 1600 posts... Props to the mods for cleaning up this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for getting back. The shop and I removed driver seat and engine console panel, wedged the pipe and still have a RATTLING MAV.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you for the reply. I have been searching since my first ride and until I posted here was coming up empty handed. If you run across some thing, please keep me in mind. I find that the senior members are a more respectful bunch.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, can't live with this rattle or any. BRP says exhaust piping I looked-not it. This RATTLE seems to be getting more common. 6-in this area and 2 on my dealers showroom floor. The posts I have been getting have been all very helpful even though I don't think I'll hang myself over this I do feel it is up to BRP or the shop guys to find the time to fix it. It is to new for me too be getting into it this early. Thanks for getting back to me .

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha YA, thanks for the support. I mean should'nt we all be getting along. He ought to look up the word FORUM in the old Webster's. Thanks again..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have you removed your center console plastic to see if you can hear whether its coming from the front of the rear?
Could be the panels in the front or the back.

·
Registered
713 Posts
No, can't live with this rattle or any. BRP says exhaust piping I looked-not it. This RATTLE seems to be getting more common. 6-in this area and 2 on my dealers showroom floor. The posts I have been getting have been all very helpful even though I don't think I'll hang myself over this I do feel it is up to BRP or the shop guys to find the time to fix it. It is to new for me too be getting into it this early. Thanks for getting back to me .
Check the Oxygen Sensors. I have had one rattle on me before.

·
Registered
229 Posts
His post was reported and action was taken. That was Dirtyj's first post and should not been treated like that. Mega has history for stuff like that, and although I can take it I don't expect other members to. Mega will be back, I only gave him a 7 day banning.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts