Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 'ol X3 is sure quickly becoming a rattle trap. My wife and I both agree its a little unnerving hearing all the pops, clunks, clanks, rattles, etc. with only 275ish miles on it. To break down the 275 miles....

• 50 dunes
  • 50 forest roads (low-med speed)
  • 75 trails
  • 100 fire roads (med-high speed)

This thing makes more chassis noise than my 25 year old Jeep YJ crawler with 111,000 abusive miles. To be fair, there's not much stock about the YJ. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Really no different than any other SXS IMHO...... Wear ear plugs or a helmet.... I'm a off road racer and you haven't heard anything until you get in a off road truck.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
Have you done the gusset kits and went through and checked everything on your suspension to make sure its tight? Mine doesn't have any of these sounds but I also did the gusset kits and I also go through it after every ride.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have a S&B particle separator and that is all I hear really....... Just saying.....

·
Premium Member
12,678 Posts
Mine doesn't rattle at all. Take a good look around, see if anything is loose.

Reactions: canamk and GSXRMAN

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Guarantee you can get EVERY one of these to produce some rattles under the right conditions. Mine is most noticeable on downhill rocky trails.

Start by disconnecting both sway bars to remove them as a possible source.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My Rzr was king of rattles. At the end of 12 hrs of riding it sounded like a box of screws being shaken by a 5 yr old.

My maverick is light years better. It's more like change at the bottom of a woman's full purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
454 Posts
How do you like the particle separator?
Here in AZ there is a lot of fine dust. And so far it been working really well. I also installed a Twin Air filter. I may take off the outside filter that it comes with. I don't think it will need it now.

Reactions: GSXRMAN

·
Registered
158 Posts
I put collars on both sway bars (thanks to Mega for the link) and tightened all the suspension bolts and nuts which got rid of the banging noises. As soon as Alex Reed has a replacement carrier bearing available, there should not be any more noises from my XDS. I have over 3,800 desert miles on this machine and a very large smile on my face. The last 200 miles were with Alex Reeds gusset kit and reworked shocks. Even a bigger smile now.

Jerry

·
Registered
230 Posts
Our XDS has 876 miles on it, little squeak here and there but not bad at all. Our 07 Rhino has no squeak at all, that's wierd.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I don't think it's the nature of the beast at all...I had a 14 Mav and now a 15 Mav turbo and had/have very little rattles...especially the 15 being the clutch is

quitter that the 14's clutch was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts