Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANYONE have this rattle going on ?could it be a heat shield ?? clutch noise? seems worse around 4650 rpm

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the same rattle. With everyone clutch issues I'm just waiting on mine to explode. Lol. But haven't tried to trace mine either. Will do soon though.
I also already had both exhaust bolts(spring one) back completely out on the first ride.
I only found one and had to make something for the other side.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Mine does too. Had it back to the dealer during the 10 hr service and they pinpointed it to the intake specifically the diverter. Replaced the intake with another, but only changed the RPM range of the vibration rattle. To be honest, I have gotten used to it.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
i fixed my rattle problems with a rugged radio !!

sounds great

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine has had it from the beginning. Mine sounds like its coming from up front but not 100% sure. I just mash the pedal a little more and away it goes!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine has had it from the beginning. Mine sounds like its coming from up front but not 100% sure. I just mash the pedal a little more and away it goes!

Mines is the same way. Sounds like its something up front. I think its somewhere above my feet. Rattles I can deal. It will just take me a little time to find it. But no worries. The smile it puts on our face is worth a little rattle.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine is the clutch. I just took it apart but didn't take the belt cover off. I revved it up and it def comes from the belt box area.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm pretty sure mine is the clutch. I just took it apart but didn't take the belt cover off. I revved it up and it def comes from the belt box area.
That makes sense if then maybe it's the sound coming through from the cvt intake on the driver side of dash.

If it can't play, it can't stay!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
talked to my dealer today he said they had some trouble with the exhaust springs on the commander?? anybody ? how did you or how can we quiet them down???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hell I had 2 fall out on first ride. Had to make something up for now. But I tightened the other two with red lock tight. I'm going to have fun with that later.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts