Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - am headed out for some low key/higher speed riding tomorrow in the AZ desert. Mostly forest service roads, a little bit of up and down. Nothing very difficult at all, just taking some friends out to explore. Am still in my break in period, so haven't had much chance to play with it yet. But am wondering what the range of these things are? I did a 50 mile ride last weekend (big hill climb and back down) and the fuel gauge only dropped 2 bars (out of 8 or so). But would hate to rely on that, so looking for any experience you guys have. I'll probably end up throwing an extra fuel cell on the back rack just in case but it got me wondering.... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I did 85 miles of trails on my Max the first weekend I got it and only burned about 1/3 of a tank. Probably averaged about 20 miles per hour.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I would say you'll be safe at somewhere between 150-200 miles but again depending on terrain.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
LOL, I've never got that kind of milage outa my 2 seater. Prolly 100-110 max. But he skinny pedal in almost always stuck to the floor.

·
Registered
998 Posts
150 miles tops.. Usually when my low fuel light comes on I have 3 and a half or 4 gallons left .. i rode 135 miles on day and still had little over two gallons in it but when you run it down to 2 gallons or less the fuel will slosh around and the engine will cut out so that cant be good on fuel pumps lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
is the tank on t he MAX bigger than the 2 seater by chance?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If folks are getting over 150 miles on the MAX they must be babying the throttle. I am lucky to see 120 on my 2 seater…..

·
Registered
400 Posts
Holy moly I must have defective two seated I barely get 40 miles and then show no bars and light on. :(
Guess it's time to take to dealer for check up ....?..

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
The fuel light on these things comes on super early. Mine came on the other day and I had one bar showing. Ran it up to the gas station and it only took 6 gallons to fill it up. So that means the light comes on with just under half a tank of fuel in it. That doesn't seem right

·
Registered
395 Posts
You can't go by the bars, they drop real fast after half way. I checked my mileage, I'm getting around 10 mpg. I can go about 100-110 and it is out, no bars left.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The fuel light on these things comes on super early. Mine came on the other day and I had one bar showing. Ran it up to the gas station and it only took 6 gallons to fill it up. So that means the light comes on with just under half a tank of fuel in it. That doesn't seem right

Same here I ran it out of bars and light on and went to fill up only held 5 gallons. That's seems very off

·
Registered
124 Posts
I thought they only held 6 gallons... Haha even though the paperwork says 10. I've never put more than 6 in and when I did it had 1 bar on the dash.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I've had my fuel light on and barely squeezed a 5 gallon can into the tank. I don't even pay attention to my fuel guage. At about 100 miles, I want to be close to a fuel source. I run in sport mode low range most of the time though, and it gets thirsty riding like that!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts