Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after cleaning my machine tonight and searching for loose bolts (see other thread) I noticed a plug hanging loose on inside the rear passenger wheel well. I cannot find a male plug near by. Am I missing something? Is this an auxiliary plug?

55811491-D94A-4E1E-A7CD-7B401151DCFE.jpeg
0028C752-58A9-4209-9CFD-618EB5598EB6.jpeg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
mine is disconnected too, it goes into a dummy plug hole in the horizontal raceway. I called my dealer on this too when I first got mine and they never seen anything plugged into it either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought this machine, and have learned a ton from this site. Forgive me if I don’t know every little spec yet. Perhaps in 7,250 more posts I’ll get there.

I was able to confirm it is not normally connected to anything, as was my suspicion because there is no corresponding male plug in the vicinity.

I love 99% of the replies on this forum. If only the other 1%....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,367 Posts
I just bought this machine, and have learned a ton from this site. Forgive me if I don’t know every little spec yet. Perhaps in 7,250 more posts I’ll get there.

I was able to confirm it is not normally connected to anything, as was my suspicion because there is no corresponding male plug in the vicinity.

I love 99% of the replies on this forum. If only the other 1%....
well if you learned what it is then why not educate the rest of us? what kind of power is at the plug? what color wires? id it powered all the time or only with key on? Where do the wires originate?

I have to know now, cause im lazy and want you to do the work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Just shake off the noise, Ryan. Some have said the connector is for a third brake light if you install the storage box, others say it is simply an accessory plug to which some have wired their lighted whip. I would measure the voltage on the connector, key-off/key-on, and see if voltage is at the connector. If not, then do the same with the brake pedal on/off. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
It could be a wiring harness for the California emission machines. I know they come with an extra charcoal setup in that spot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
As I was doing shock tune i took notice of that plug my model it’s used. I think your right I will try and confirm after I pull down some of the plastic guards but it does head up that way to the filter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Yes emissions plug for the solenoid on the CA models only. They probably didn't want to make 2 different harnesses so its on all the models.

It could be a wiring harness for the California emission machines. I know they come with an extra charcoal setup in that spot.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top