Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran metal masher this weekend with a jagged x and a 50 inch. The 50 climbs good as long as someone is there to pull the front down when it needs it, but sucks on the trails....the jagged x could not climb because of the trailing arms hanging up constantly. The max shined in the rocks and on the trails...tried it with sway bar off and on way better installed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Climbed a lot better in the rocky rutted stuff than the jagged x.....only had time to run this trail. Two hour drive each way from my house. And kids had school today somwe wanted to get back pretty early.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats, The Max has the Qe front diff correct?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea...I need to plan a trip down there one of these days. I might have to look you up so I can have someone show me the way around down there....:smile:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are all headed back for thanksgiving.....In My opinion this is the best time to ride temps around 65 degrees. Gets a little cold at night in the camper but Moab is a fun town to hang out in. I just need to decide if I am going to bite the bullet and put 30s on and clutch it or to just run it stock now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You convinced me on the Max, I'm supposed to pick mine up this Friday. I am thinking about tire size also. I've seen on another thread that 30's rub in the back at full "squat". I am thinking on 28" Roctanes or keeping the stock wheels and going to a 27" Bighorn.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
So far my 28" Baja Cross have been great. Nowhere close to rubbing really impressed me this weekend. There is an "outlaw" trail at Hatfield-Mccoy called Barkers Creek.

It's pretty nasty, lots of water crossing and jagged rocks. I thought the tires would have some marks on them but there wasn't even a scratch.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts