Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be upgrading my radius rods this month and I was hoping to get some feedback from y'all.

Any specific recommended ones ?

·
Registered
331 Posts
20180804_162137.jpg Lots of companies offer nice ones, I went with zrp's setup. Im planning to get their radius rod dog bones next, maybe one day the knuckles.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Bent one, replaced it with stock, no big deal. When I got back from Baja, I had 4 that were bent. Went with CA Technologies, hopefully i'll have better luck.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Yeah ZRP and others looks bad ass, but like Mega said, if it ain't broke, why fix it ? I've driven that sh#t out of my car, haven't bent one, yet.
$800 sway bar links, $600 spare tire mounts. The aftermarket is getting rich off of selling overpriced crap you'll probably never "need".

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
If you got cash burning a hole in your pocket, then upgrade them. I scored a deal on Cognito Motorsports radius rods from Wadmaster. They are really nice and come with quality f/k heims.

Still have not installed them yet. My stock ones are still fine after 3500 miles . Maybe I will get motivated to install them soon.

Whichever ones you do go with make sure they use quality f/k heims. Otherwise you will be pissed when the cheap heim breaks on you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
Similar to what he saying at :41 i figure lol , anyways not needed but I sure like. Cars that had the aftermarket plates and rods before I did caught my eye in pictures. Im with you though stuff is expensive. It gets addictive shopping for what you want next, getting it in the mail, figuring out the install and overcoming the obstacles that come up, and then trying it out in the field and showing your friends.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
These cars do not like sideways pressure. My son has bent two in the two months he has owned his. I have 2k and not one has bent and I ride like I stole it.
There will always be that time where something surprises you, but having said that it is more about reading the train you are driving and knowing when to floor it and when to hit the breakes and ride it.
Sliding over deep ruts for example is going to bend then vs riding over them at a little slower speed. There are 100s of examples but you notice there are guys who bend stock rods more often then others driving the same areas. There is a reason why.
I'm personally going to do the mega 60 dollar radius rod sleeve setup. It is cheap and will give me just a little bit more insurance against that one time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts