Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask because I know its been asked many times but my search didnt give an answer so..

Fixed or Adjustable?
Ratings on CA & CT
Is ZRP worth the money (no life time replacement)
What about NRP?

Thanks all, getting ready for the 4th of July sales!!

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
adjustable means you will actually have to adjust them. And most of them are rt hand threaded only.

I personally dont believe in the need. How about learning how to drive and not beat the shop out of your equipment? -Tall rocks? drive over them with tire, dont try and straddle just to get hung up and bend a rod.
-slide sideways into something with one wheel? Stay on the gas and roll away from it instead of locking up brakes and sliding into it.

Now what i did was cut mine half in two(AVe nod) and sleeve them with 1”I’d tubing then weld ends.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not beating it to death is the plan, but if you are behind someone doing 60 and the move a big rock no can defend

·
Registered
230 Posts
My XRC RR was toed in on the left rear 7\16 inch. I loosened everything up and strapped the wheel over and tightened up all the bolts and got it to less than 1/4 inch toe in. My stock radius rods had slop from day one. C/T has adjustable rods for camber and toe and you don’t have to pull one end to adjust. Mine went to an alignment shop and the rear is perfect, the front is another story.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
My XRC RR was toed in on the left rear 7\16 inch. I loosened everything up and strapped the wheel over and tightened up all the bolts and got it to less than 1/4 inch toe in. My stock radius rods had slop from day one. C/T has adjustable rods for camber and toe and you don’t have to pull one end to adjust. Mine went to an alignment shop and the rear is perfect, the front is another story.

Lol, your radius rods didnt have slop your frame holes did. The ONLY way to fix that is XMF nut plates or drill out the frame and use weld washers.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes the bolts were tight still had movement back and forth when you grab the tire. Yes you are correct on the holes being oversized and that was how the alignment was made better,

·
Registered
2020 Maverick X3 MAX XRS TURBO RR
315 Posts
Now what i did was cut mine half in two(AVe nod) and sleeve them with 1”I’d tubing then weld ends.
Interesting. Any more info you can provide? What thickness tubing? Any particular material? Have any pictures? I have a spare set of OEM rods. I was thinking about adding some c channel along the bottom of them. Tubing would probably look nicer though.

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Interesting. Any more info you can provide? What thickness tubing? Any particular material? Have any pictures? I have a spare set of OEM rods. I was thinking about adding some c channel along the bottom of them. Tubing would probably look nicer though.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
I hate to ask because I know its been asked many times but my search didnt give an answer so..

Fixed or Adjustable?
Ratings on CA & CT
What about NRP?

I love the ZRP ones. They just started including the Teflon heim joints as a standard in the none pro series radius rods too.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,774 Posts

Fixed or Adjustable?
Ratings on CA & CT
What about NRP?

Here is a look at the NRP radius rods.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
The Cognito Motorsports set up I got has the upper and middle as adjustable and the bottom radius rod is fixed. The adjustable ones I left the same as the stock length. Never touch them.

If you really want to adjust the alignment over what they come stock then get adjustable ones, but make sure they have right and left thread so you can adjust them without having to remove them.

The most important think is to make sure what ever radius rod set up you get has quality heim joints.

Reactions: Mr Ted

·
Registered
2 Posts

Fixed or Adjustable?
Ratings on CA & CT
What about NRP?

SuperAtv

401 Posts
Great price, lifetime warranty, fully adjustable, and best heim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts