Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
The other day I just happened to kick my rear tyre and heard a knock so I wiggled the tyre and it moved so I thought the wheel bearings were gone
Replaced them then it still did it I have looked closely and seems to be some movement in the radius rods
Any ideas or is this standard

·
Premium Member
14,140 Posts
If you have the stock radius rods, good idea to change them out. Shock Therapy also makes a kit that works wonders.

Reactions: Superlate

·
Registered
36 Posts
1500 miles my bottom two rods had lots of play in the bushings. Knuckle wasn’t worn yet but did TLS upgrade anyway and aftermarket rad rods. Check with pro utv Craig a vendor on site gives pretty good discounts.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If you are going to change the radius rods out for some beefier ones, it’s a good idea to double shear the plate as well and use the XMX engineering kit. Once you do that, along with the TLS kit you should all but eliminate the play and the car will feel a bit more stable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks
Living in Australia there is not many parts or part shops around
Shipping usually cost more than the part
I have a 2017 do x3 turbo and want to upgrade hopefully next year I own a machine shop so I might just machine some bushes to take the slop out for now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts