Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone pit the factory stem in there maverick? In not sold on it yet, looking for what people think after getting it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What?
Wondering who has installed the factory stereo? If so, I can't help since I use an IPod for music.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya im wondering the same thing i like the clean install look of the factory unit but i want to hear it when riding. Now i did install the ssv works over head system in my 2012 polaris ranger xp and its loud as hell. I cant turn it all the way up when trail riding its just to loud. Sounds good to. Im up in the air on that one or the brp factory unit.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
The SSV Works audio on the RZR likes nice but the Maverick version I don't care for. I just don't like the soundbar look. Not stylish or factory looking at all. I also read on this forum that one or two had issues with the SSV Works. You might want to search for the thread.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ive had mine for a yr now with no issues. I know greg over there is pretty good about customer service. I dont really care for the sound bar look either thats why I would like the factory set up but if I cant hear it when riding then I will go to the sound bar look. shoot I would take the one out of the ranger but its to wide for the maverick.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
The best way I think is to get the factory boxes and use an amp that has an iPod hook up. It's real clean and dosent take up dash space.
Mines a little under powered so I can't hear it under full throttle unless its wide open. I will be upgrading my amp in the near future

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Y'all can always go with wet sounds and use there Bluetooth feature. Very clean setup, mount your iPod somewhere and just go with it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just got the audioformz system in. Check out their website. The system doubles as a roof too. Mine has 4 6x9 Rockford Fosgate speakers with a Sony stereo in it. It has bluetooth capabilities, so my Iphone just connects when I get in and go. I also got a light built in that I can turn on if I am backing up...there is a dome light as well. I am very pleased with it. The BRP one costs $850 + $65 for some extra part that is required for the wiring...then the install calls for 6-8 hours at $85/hour. At that point, you are pushing $1500 and that doesn't even include a roof.
www.audioformz.com/‎

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
How does factory radio sound when driving it? Can you hear it? Im undecided between that and the ssv works. I know the ssv works is loud i have one in my ranger xp 800. But i like the clean factory look of the can am one.

·
Registered
403 Posts
How does factory radio sound when driving it? Can you hear it? Im undecided between that and the ssv works. I know the ssv works is loud i have one in my ranger xp 800. But i like the clean factory look of the can am one.
No. You can barely hear the OEM Jensen crap when it's parked. No audio tone controls at all unless you buy an extra part. The Clarion MW1 display remote fits perfect in the same hole without trimming, but you'll need to mount a head unit with it.

In my Mav, I did all Wet Sounds (since I'm a dealer for them) - WS-420 in the dash, ipod cable to RCA, aux to second input, SD6 amp with kicks, sub, and 2 Rev8's on a OSS tower bar. The Wet Sounds bluetooth interface is out now and it works really well.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wet sounds looks nice but pretty pricey not looking to spend over a G note for a sound system in my maverick.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I did one last week in a RZR4 - WS-420, HT4, bluetooth, and 2 6.5's in kick panels, for right at $1000. Pricing isnt retail at most dealers. Wet Sounds has a strict policy about internet sales.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I have no issues with stock oem radio kit, I can hear it fine with helmet on and going 45mph. im not even full volume either. had one on the limited, then mav max. works fine for me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok cool that's the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks bulldogs101

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
403 Posts
So you get people that say it sucks, and people that say it's good, and your drawn to 1 answer? Looks like 50/50 to me. Maybe your expectations are higher then bulldogs is. I know for what you'll pay for the OEM crap, you can get twice as much with aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Look dude you need to relax if this is how you promote your products to people then you have got a lot to learn. I'm not interested in your high dollar systems. You come on here bragging about all the shit in your maverick. That's great. It may sound like I'm at red rocks watching a Metallica concert but I'm not interested in paying that kind of money to put in my maverick. I want an honest answer from someone that has the stock oem system not from someone that hasn't, promoting some high dollar stuff. I doubt you even ever had an oem system. So who are you to preach that it sucks. Get real bud. I've said my peace and I'm done here.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
well, at 50/50 as stated, he decided. simple as that.

By the way you can get them on ebay for less than msrp plus no tax or shipping charges from canam dealers. search it. as a bonus you also get ebay bucks which gives you a few bucks back to your account ( same as cash, except you use it on ebay future purchases, then you pay at paypal using a cashback credit card and you win again there.)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts