Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at getting a radio , however I already got a roof. I've been reading through posts but so much info and so many options it's hard to put something together in my head for what I want. I just want something basic but something to sounds okay too doesn't have to be like Saturday night fever or nothing just enough to enjoy. And speakers water proof ..... basically just something to listen too. I know allot of you guys have some nice systems I'm just looking for your thoughts on a basic deal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ipod is the way to go.

·
Registered
354 Posts
X2 on the Mp3 player.Check into intercoms with headsets like at Rugged Radios ;etc.With this you can hear tunes and still talk with co-pilot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im not familiar with anything but the SSV sound bar with FM radio and a waterproof docking/charging area for an i-pod or i-phone. It will also connect by blue tooth. It has four water proof speaker and a small amp. It was very easy to install and the sound is great.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Fusion MS-RA50 marine radio is two channels @ 50watts digital, gimble mount kit and iPod cable. I spent about 200 on this radio. you can get it wet all day and it rocks!. Display is nice and big and easy to read and work while driving. iPod functions are great and because its a digital amp it won't drain the battery like most other units. I haven't tried the radio itself, but no need because all I listen to is the iPod. You can decide what marine speakers you want. Kicker makes some great ones to go along with this unit or theirs. If you want small get the A-piller mounted speakers. If you want more you can get overhead console that fits under the roof. I have one with four 6" MB Quart marine speakers. I just put the iPod in glove box and keep it safe.
IMG_0844.JPG IMG_0845.JPG IMG_0810.JPG

·
Registered
367 Posts
I found the console on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am in the same boat, I would like an overhead sound bar but have an OEM sport roof and dont know what would fit up there. I did see a nice speaker setup on someguys maverick that he was selling in the classified section of this sight

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi did some one try to fit a sound bar out of a jeep tj ?

All check and see if itwould fit, there is 6 speakers jeep sound bar on amazone for 149$
All mesure the one out of my 98 tj.

·
Registered
557 Posts
look at the Kicker PXi50.2 thats the route I went and I do this for a living! I would tell you not to run a radio but to run something that is hidden and mostly water proof like the Kicker. I sell just about every brand you can think of except Kicker and I went this route.Of coarse you still have to get some speakers but Its a much smarter longer term piece

1 - 13 of 13 Posts