Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the radio/gps console? If so where do u get the charging dock for gps? I thought it came with everything , but I installed it and I obviously need something more for the gps slot! Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Are you talking about the Montana 650t Can-am setup? If you are I can confirm that the GPS itself comes with everything you need and it's plug and play.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes 650t and can am consol adapter! Bought garmin 2 years ago and had a suction mount on commander and now I bought replacement console( stereo-gps) for my maverick and installed it! Covered the stereo hole , (not using) and realize gps spot doesn't hold gps tight( didn't know that there was a charging dock that u put in there! Am I right is there something missing ?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ya its not going to work unless you put the garmin charging dock in the dash and plug it into the harness behind the dash. The charging dock comes with the gps not the console.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K,this! My 650t did not come with charging dock! Just ac plug and PC plug! Guess I'll call garmin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone have an idea if the Garmin Oregon 550T would work in this dash set-up? Seems like maybe it would but I'm curious if others have tried it.

Thanks

Adam

·
Registered
529 Posts
anybody care to post a pic of their install ?
thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Has anyone installed the radio/gps console? If so where do u get the charging dock for gps? I thought it came with everything , but I installed it and I obviously need something more for the gps slot! Any help is appreciated!
I did the exact same thing! I haven't bought the 650 yet though. Glad to hear the charging mount comes with it!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yeah. The charging mount only comes with the one from BRP. If you don't purchase the BRP Garmin you'll need to buy the cradle off eBay. Which is around $30.

·
Registered
274 Posts
RAM Mount and an iPhone or Android... Both Have Many GPS Apps and also music services Plus calling features. Easy Peasy...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts