Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost but I googled and searched and can't find anything.

What racers have drove both?

What did you think?

We are trying to decide what to get for next year. I'm worried the XXC might be a little tipsy for my overly aggressive driving style.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sorry if this is a repost but I googled and searched and can't find anything.

What racers have drove both?

What did you think?

We are trying to decide what to get for next year. I'm worried the XXC might be a little tipsy for my overly aggressive driving style.
Then slow down!!! :haha: :haha: :haha: JK

·
Registered
124 Posts
I didn't feel it was more tipsy it's lower then the xrs sonit help a bit. When your in a tight section it works realy good you can feel the car is smaller.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't feel it was more tipsy it's lower then the xrs sonit help a bit. When your in a tight section it works realy good you can feel the car is smaller.
What is your ride height? I found where someone said 9.5" in the front and 11" in the rear. My XRS is 10.5" in the front and 10" in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a XXC and it seems pretty stable but don't have any saddle time on the XRS. I read in some review a while ago...but don't remember where...that they felt that the XXC was actually more stable than the XRS due to the reduced height. I'd go measure my ride height for you but the rig is up at my cabin.

p.s. If my XXC was tipsy, I would tell it to lay off the booze.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
canams feel tipsy, its a feeling we have, reality is they are pretty stable, I was positive and I mean 100% positive I was going over on my side a month back, high speed sharp corner, when I told my son, he said your wheels never left the ground... and after doing it again, sure enough it was planted.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
canams feel tipsy, its a feeling we have, reality is they are pretty stable, I was positive and I mean 100% positive I was going over on my side a month back, high speed sharp corner, when I told my son, he said your wheels never left the ground... and after doing it again, sure enough it was planted.
My Maverick XRS is next to impossible to flip, but it's not stock. Low ride height and FCR Suspension makes it a beast in the handling department. The reason I'm considering the XXC is even with my OMF wheels at my ride height I'm 64" on the front. The GNCCs are getting wider and faster which is good for the XRS but there is still an advantage to be narrow in the woods. That's why I wanted some feed back from racers. I'm curious to how the XXC is at race pace. I'm also curious as to how it handles the rough chop, G outs, etc with the shorter arms.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
My Maverick XRS is next to impossible to flip, but it's not stock. Low ride height and FCR Suspension makes it a beast in the handling department. The reason I'm considering the XXC is even with my OMF wheels at my ride height I'm 64" on the front. The GNCCs are getting wider and faster which is good for the XRS but there is still an advantage to be narrow in the woods. That's why I wanted some feed back from racers. I'm curious to how the XXC is at race pace. I'm also curious as to how it handles the rough chop, G outs, etc with the shorter arms.
On your race Mav do you modify your seats to make them shorter. And can you modify the shock mounting points. On the machine in Gncc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On your race Mav do you modify your seats to make them shorter. And can you modify the shock mounting points. On the machine in Gncc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I run the Kirkey lightweights seats and mount them as low as possible. Removes a lot of weight and lowers the passenger and driver. We can not modify the frame mounting points as far as I know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Look into Keizer wheels. They make a zero offset wheel that would put the width of the xrs at 62". I almost bought the xxc until i started measuring ground clearance. The xxc was 2.5" lower in the front and a 1.5" lower in the rear and two inches less travel. Based on this I ordered a white base model and plan on building it up to my liking!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have a few people that I can run that question by treavis. I think a few guys on the addiction have raced both. Might want to ask that question there!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Look into Keizer wheels. They make a zero offset wheel that would put the width of the xrs at 62". I almost bought the xxc until i started measuring ground clearance. The xxc was 2.5" lower in the front and a 1.5" lower in the rear and two inches less travel. Based on this I ordered a white base model and plan on building it up to my liking!
I run OMF Wheels to narrow mine, but once I lower the ride height it's back to 64" in the front. As your ride height goes down your arms go out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to the dealership today and looked at one. I'm going with the XRS again. I will make my own a arms for the front to get the desired width that I want.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Travis so if you lower the ride height to 10.5 in the front and 10 in the rear will this make a considerable difference in handling on a stock machine?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Travis so if you lower the ride height to 10.5 in the front and 10 in the rear will this make a considerable difference in handling on a stock machine?
Yes because you're lowering the center of gravity. They won't go that low though unless the shocks are modified. I think 12" was as low as it would go with no preload on the springs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts