Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've found these springs to be a MASSIVE improvement in ride, steering and a reduction in bucking. They do very well with OEM shocks and internal work from G Force Suspension only makes them better. A lot of people know about Racer Tech's replacements springs from the RZR and Commander world. We've got a proven design and we've figured out how to adapt it other models. There is no other name in springs that can compete and we're confident we will bring this same level of performance to the Maverick world.

For more info and ordering click HERE.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
363 Posts
So this will make for a good improvement in ride quality? Both low and highspeed??

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks-- just ordered kit for Commander X and Maverick Max. My buddies have these on a Rzr 900 and Rzr 900 4 and they are amazing.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Price includes shipping or is that extra?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I know that it is always better to have the internal valving optimized for different coils, but will these springs at least work more efficiently with the Fox 2.5's standard OEM valving setup and maybe at least improve some of the inadequacies as they come originally equipped?

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I know that it is always better to have the internal valving optimized for different coils, but will these springs at least work more efficiently with the Fox 2.5's standard OEM valving setup and maybe at least improve some of the inadequacies as they come originally equipped?
Absolutely. Our spring design is different than most and will make a big difference in performance even with original internals. This has always been one of the best reasons to go with RT springs. We've been designing replacement spring kits for UTV's for the last 6 years now and in the early days there was no such thing as rebuildable shocks so we had to get good at making the springs as ideal as possible. Now days we bring this rare experience with us when we design kits for these new style adjustable shocks and it gives us a major edge over our competitors.

William Yokley knows our springs better than any other shock company so he knows how to make valving work best with them when or if the time comes for internal work. Just give a call to get set up w/ him when needed.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

First ride with Racer Tech springs on my max.

I have a ton of accessories, so I opted for the HD springs. I installed and eventually put in 3/4" of preload all the way around to eventually settle for 13" of GC in front and 12" in the rear.

I turned all shock settings to the softness or slowest setting.

I ended up putting 5 clicks of rebound in and calling it a day. Heading to hatfield Mccoy tomorrow for the weekend so I will have a ton of tuning time.

I'll keep all posted, so far a noticeable difference on body roll, yet still maintaining comfort.

Most people say the stock adjustments are not effective. After today I completely disagree. I believe the stock springs are completely ineffective. I could tell a huge difference changing the settings after installing the springs.

I am sure having the internals modified could only help, but I would give the springs a shot before going further.

I would also recommend the soft duty springs unless you really have a ton of accessories and added weight.

Reactions: SCOTTDMAX

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great review! I am waiting on my set of springs. Very interested in your observations and setup specs! Please do keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice write up

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
keep us posted....oh and, nice looking ride!

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very nice review! I'm happy to hear you like them.

Sounds like the rates are coming in right where we wanted them so far.

I also like to hear your feelings about the adjusters being more effective with the new springs. This has always been our experience as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
After riding a total of around 100 miles the springs are performing very well. Still tinkering with adjustments but overall I am very pleased with the improvement.

I adjusted numerous times throughout the ride. Only adjusting one clicker at a time. Meaning hi, low, or rebound but on all 4 shocks. I recommend taking notes.

If you read my earlier post I basically turned everything to zero and been increasing little by little until I feel I get too stiff or too fast.

Currently I am at

Hi - 1 1/2 turns from soft
Lo - 3/4 turns from soft
Reb - 12

These are at all 4 corners. Now that I have a solid baseline I am going to modify settings a little front to back.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Stock shocks perform best with rebound closed all the way off and compression at the softest. Adjust from there to control bottoming.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
After riding a total of around 100 miles the springs are performing very well. Still tinkering with adjustments but overall I am very pleased with the improvement.

I adjusted numerous times throughout the ride. Only adjusting one clicker at a time. Meaning hi, low, or rebound but on all 4 shocks. I recommend taking notes.

If you read my earlier post I basically turned everything to zero and been increasing little by little until I feel I get too stiff or too fast.

Currently I am at

Hi - 1 1/2 turns from soft
Lo - 3/4 turns from soft
Reb - 12

These are at all 4 corners. Now that I have a solid baseline I am going to modify settings a little front to back.
Any updates on compression and rebound settings for the RT Max springs? Latest ride reviews/opinions?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts