Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought this from someone it came with this switch and I have no idea what it does it hooks up to the module in the second pic any suggestions?

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you search the Part number, 710005399, it says it is a light switch. Does anything happen if you press the switch? What about holding the switch in the mode direction for a few seconds?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
Fancy looking little module, I'm positive someone on here can identify it, maybe it's the "launch control" switch like one of the tuners use?

·
Registered
667 Posts
If you search the Part number, 710005399, it says it is a light switch. Does anything happen if you press the switch? What about holding the switch in the mode direction for a few seconds?

Have we actuated the switch yet to see if anything happens?

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I believe it’s a controller for the chase lights to change either color or flash pattern, or both. “Race Only” probably reminds the driver not to actuate the switch when on the road. I’m guessing the “Mode Control” sends a ground signal to the controller to change the flash pattern or color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same question on a new bought used 18’ X2 MR Turbo R. I know it changes color of Chase Light, but does it do anything else? I don’t think so

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's for when you are parked and having beers with your buddies and everyone starts bench racing. You tell them you have a "race switch" that adds 50hp. Suddenly you are the fastest guy in the group! Very few people ever get one of these switches, you hit the jackpot with that purchase!! Use it wisely ….

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have a beer switch. I just can’t find the elusive taco switch. Once I have that I’ll be invincible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts