Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I have had the Treal full quiet trail edition now for around 2yrs . Still sounds great with out being loud.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Treal quiet trail totally kills the turbo sound. I bought it with the resonator also. Good news is they sell the sections individually so I may order a straight pipe soon to replace the rear section with muffler

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
331 Posts
If anybody wants a Diamond S muffler I have them. PM for info.
Craig, have you done any side by side decibel comparisons with the Ti exhaust compared to the stocker?

thanks,
steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am done with my loud exhaust and hopefully found the unicorn quiet exhaust. Ended up going with the new EVO Bullet cat bypass pipe and the original Yoshimura slip on muffler.

The EVO Bullet has a small muffler that apparently takes some of the "bite" out of doing a straight pipe so hoping this would help some too with a muffler setup, especially if packing starts to go later. Was truly impressed with the quality of the EVO pipe welds and they have a good video about the little things in its design that make it unique so seems a lot of thought put into it. Nice they incorporate a rounded pipe end so don't use the big clunky stock exhaust gasket.
View attachment 254761

The Yoshimura slip on I got is the original triangle stacked 3 outlet that I think has always been the best looking exhaust, so much that I had my last exhaust custom made with similar triple tip. It was too much $$$$ for just a slip on but since they released a new version recently I got it for almost half price! Still not a cheap setup but somewhat reasonable. Once I noticed the complaints about it were that it sounds the same as stock I now thought, PERFECT!!!! LOL. It's design is a straight through glass packed design so surprised it is as quiet as it is. It does change the flow direction more than most and the separate spark arrestor chamber might act as an expansion chamber to help too. I will say it was a bit of a pain to assemble this exhaust and the bag of parts for a muffler was kinda stupid as could have been assembled without one pipe attached ready to install in same box. It does have a lot of nice rubber bushing mounts so this is nice to avoid weld cracks etc. simpler exhausts seem to have long term. I really wanted a non-packed chambered exhaust but few options there. I was considering the quieter versions of Treal and GBB but mounting method and some quality issues turned me away. Also wanted to keep the center exit even though I wonder if a side exit might not resonate in the cab as much at speed perhaps.
View attachment 254762

Only install issue I had was the stock springs were a PITA. Realized just leaving the muffler un-mounted and the mid pipe, etc. loose like should be allowed me to create some angle for each of the four springs so that the clip points were much closer together. The Yoshi came with a spring puller tool but it still barely held up to what was needed to stretch the stock springs a short distance. I kept the stock muffler mount plate above the rear diff as was previously using it to hold a catch can and I just cut the ends of it off to access the install bolts much easier, but normally its removed.
View attachment 254763
My sound meter had me at 104dB previously at idle and am now at 96 about 3ft away from back which is almost twice as "quiet" on the dB scale. This is without the spark arrestor which interestingly my meter said made no difference at 3ft but actually 2bB more with it installed from the drivers seat. Will see how this holds up over time and if truly does not bother me anymore but it does seem similar to stock sound from what I remember ...
hi, where did you get the yoshi muffler and how much was it $$$$? i have the same race pipe form evo, but now i want to change the muffler because it is to quiet for me, i think it is louder stock than with the race pipe with the bullet, so i want a little bit more noise. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
evo is LOUD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, would you mind uploading a video??? i am just missing the muffler and i want to make sure i like the sound before i buy it. i don't care if it is loud i just want to like the sound.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts