Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not everyone can run a race exhaust...

For those who have stricts noise restrictions, which exhaust would you recommand for a full exhaust system?

Goal is to do a stage 4 upgrade.

TIA

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
you thought about the EVO captains choice? its quiet until you push a button or pull al lever then its uncorked, not sure if that's an option. If you are wanting stage 4, I don't think a quiet pipe is an option as very restrictive and tune may not work as good. You might want to do a quiet or a stock muffler on a stage 3 so you can also stay pump gas, you will def have to do cat delete / header to do this

straight pipe loud
Gibson single loud
home made muffler delete, loud
unobtanium straight w/ muffler, loud
Gibson double tip, def not quiet
Yoshi, fairly quiet but typical to yosh, the packing burns out and they get loud eventually

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Interesting, that everything is loud. Looking at replacing my stock muffler to make room for a spare tire. Just starting my custom muffler research.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Anything will be louder than stock. When you look at the tuner dyno number differences between stock muffler and aftermarket muffler tunes you have to ask youself if a couple HP is worth the added noise. For me it wasnt. I’m happy running the stock can with gutted cat.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
As sandy said is it worth it? My Gibson muffler is too loud in my opinion. Probably switch back to stock when heading to areas of concern. Without intercom there is no convo if your riding with me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yep , after 200 miles with my evo I went back to my stock muffler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Humm.. interresting. Thanks all for the feedback.

I thought that maybe a dual exhaust would be similar to stock (muffler x 2 = flow).

I guess there isn't a solution beside gutted cat & stock exhaust. I'll take a loss of 10hp over noise. Besides, it's also much cheaper...

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
The one that I have liked the best aftermarket is the Trinity stage 5. These are louder than stock slightly, but definitely a lot quieter than some of the above mentioned ones like the Gibson single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have the Yoshi exhaust and I couldn't really tell the difference between stock and yoshi loudness. If anything, it's just slightly louder.
The Yosh is the only one I’ve considered at this point. Has a nice tone and not much louder than stock. And that triple tip gives it an exotic look. The Trinity is also pretty quiet with a good tone but is a side exit which I dont really care for. Looks to much like a Popo

·
Registered
514 Posts
I’m really liking the cutout idea but just have to figure out a nice way to dump it without it looking getto

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW as a follow up of my initial question, I went with the Trinity Racing Stage 5 Dual System. And with the Quiet Core inserts it is about the same level as OEM.

Plus they sound great!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
stock modified
clean out cat
add a small bypass hole for extra flow

1 - 20 of 117 Posts