Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Which ratio are you trying? And how much is that setup? Because Southwest Speed has the same quickner on line for 119.00 I know you would have to fab up a bracket and get your quick release for your wheel.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I was looking into the same thing. I have two of these quick steer boxes from my Dirt Mod. How well do they work with the rack steering? I just installed the quick release Dragonfire steering wheel so if I install something I will be putting the box lower down the shaft.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The box has to stay right there at the wheel if you notice this one mounts right in the same place as your stock box, the box is what pivots up and down for your tilt Steering Wheel. I just installed one of these on a 900 PoPo, same quickner same design. But that quickner is only 3 to 4" long. I would think your quickner on your car would be longer.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was looking into the same thing. I have two of these quick steer boxes from my Dirt Mod. How well do they work with the rack steering? I just installed the quick release Dragonfire steering wheel so if I install something I will be putting the box lower down the shaft.
I just tried to install the dragon fire quick release steering wheel and the spline shaft seems to long for the wheel to lock in place. Did you have this problem? Was thinking of grinding it down. thanks

·
Registered
680 Posts
So you still keep your tilt wheel with this? Also how much?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give Crash Addict Industries a call or message on facebook and tell them you saw it from me. I just saw shots of it yesterday and wanted to leak pics out of it lol I can't wait to get mine this thing is mean!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Ok lol sounds good

Reactions: yfz450kyle

·
Registered
568 Posts
It makes your wheels turn with less revolutions of the steering wheel. Think of an old truck without power steering that you had to turn a bunch of times to turn the wheel. This does the opposite

·
Registered
251 Posts
I believe this is the same crash addicts that is located up the road from me. They have some decent prices on items. I know they makes some pretty serious hubs for the maverick.
I need to run up there sometime and check things out...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I just tried to install the dragon fire quick release steering wheel and the spline shaft seems to long for the wheel to lock in place. Did you have this problem? Was thinking of grinding it down. thanks
No didn't notice any issues with mine. Splines were a little tight and I had to use a hard rubber mallet to tap it on a bit to get the nut to start. After that i just used a ratchet to tighten it the rest of the way on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The box has to stay right there at the wheel if you notice this one mounts right in the same place as your stock box, the box is what pivots up and down for your tilt Steering Wheel. I just installed one of these on a 900 PoPo, same quickner same design. But that quickner is only 3 to 4" long. I would think your quickner on your car would be longer.
From the looks of it the ones I have are the exact same ones. The new low profile boxes are pretty small. I would build a mount down lower on the shaft. we have to do this for the cars too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Let me know on that. Go to Southwest Speed and check out there Steering Quickners and make sure you have the same. They have two models one 1.5 to1 and one 2 to 1 Ratio. I believe they are $119.00

·
Registered
164 Posts
No didn't notice any issues with mine. Splines were a little tight and I had to use a hard rubber mallet to tap it on a bit to get the nut to start. After that i just used a ratchet to tighten it the rest of the way on.
OK thanks I think they sent me the wrong Spline adapter it won't go on far enough and is way to tight. I had it on but it did not go on far enough for the wheel to latch Had to take it of with a puller. But the stock wheel slides right on so I know I didn't mess up the splines. So I will call dragon fire today.
Thanks for you help

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK thanks I think they sent me the wrong Spline adapter it won't go on far enough and is way to tight. I had it on but it did not go on far enough for the wheel to latch Had to take it of with a puller. But the stock wheel slides right on so I know I didn't mess up the splines. So I will call dragon fire today.
Thanks for you help
I see. Probably right, just the wrong adapter. Hope you get it squared away.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let me know on that. Go to Southwest Speed and check out there Steering Quickners and make sure you have the same. They have two models one 1.5 to1 and one 2 to 1 Ratio. I believe they are $119.00
Yeah they are the same. I got them both from a race car show last year. I have one in each ratio. Just not sure which one to use but once I get it fitted I can experiment.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts