Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many times are you all wraping the header pipes? I wraped the long one once, then almost ran out on the second short one. That 50' went pretty darn fast. Maybe I over-lapped it to close together. If you wraped just the fat part of the pipe where is goes by the clutch cover I'm not sure if you could fit the cover past it again. I'm into over-kill, but another fifty-bucks for 50' I wouldn't use all of. I'm already waiting on my HELOC to go through so I can pick-up some more goodies for my new toy.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I overlapped mine about 1/2 to 3/4" and it does fine…….the instructions should say how much to overlap but I don't remember anymore……

IMG_0203.jpg IMG_0204.jpg IMG_0206.jpg IMG_0209.jpg

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How many feet did you end up using Heavy?

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
50' for me, has a 3/4 overlap and smoked like a 16 yr old the first time out!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
How many feet did you end up using Heavy?
I bought 2 rolls and used about 1 1/2 rolls. I did both head pipes as well as the the rear cylinder intermediate pipe. 1 roll would have been enough for just the 2 head pipes. I also sprayed it with the silicone sealant and yes, it smoked like crazy. My wife came home and thought the house was on fire.....it took a few rides before the burn smell went away completely. But well worth it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Why are you wrapping these heat?
2 reasons….first is it creates too much radiant heat and just makes the overheating belt issue that much worse due to the close proximity to the CVT …..second is the heat in the cab…..Wrap the exhaust and line the interior panels with heat reflective barrier and you are all set. here is a few pics of how I did my interior panels...

IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0344.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0346.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Haha…there is always something. I picked up the heat barrier, exhaust wrap, and silicone spray from Jegs.com and the cup holder insert was made from a foam garage floor mat from Harbor Freight that I picket up for $6. It keeps the heat from coming up thru the drain holes and cooking my drink. I put a little zip-tie pull tab on it to pull it out when I wash it to drain out the water…..

IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0343.jpg

Reactions: Suicidejockey
1 - 9 of 9 Posts