Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets hear your opinions, looking at sxs in general today, now vision if you will 5 years down the road. what do you see that is sold and bought buy us now that will become useless, no longer a valid need, or sales will plummet way down on in say 5 or so years. useful and bought a lot today, 5 years either no longer a market for it to be profitable, or very little market in sxs.

here is my prediction- after market power steering units.

more and more sxs come that way now and it will only continue to increase, making power steering units either dead or extremely low sales overall as a result.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Aftermarket doors........ I hope.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
lets hear your opinions, looking at sxs in general today, now vision if you will 5 years down the road. what do you see that is sold and bought buy us now that will become useless, no longer a valid need, or sales will plummet way down on in say 5 or so years. useful and bought a lot today, 5 years either no longer a market for it to be profitable, or very little market in sxs.

here is my prediction- after market power steering units.

more and more sxs come that way now and it will only continue to increase, making power steering units either dead or extremely low sales overall as a result.[/
maybe but right now the aftermarker ps is a lot better ps unit then the factory canam one way better feel and its not twicky like the factory ps

·
Registered
568 Posts
Aftermarket parts won't go obsolete, they have several options to go with even if they can be bought from the factory. They can make them cheaper to the consumer, lighter on various parts, stronger, or more appealing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Clutch the way it is today. I would like to see an actual transmission with a 5 or 6 speed in it.
I agree. All the manfacturers have agreed to limit engine size to 1000cc, so they will all be looking to get more HP to the wheels. Each one also loves to boast thier product was the first to have this or that so they will move in a direction to claim innovation and be the leader.

The other area I think will continue to progress is the suspension. They will build better & better suspension on the new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt it, here is my thoughts, if a sxs comes with a decent PS unit, which canama is good, 3 level control to (did not say the best or perfect, just good) and its on your machine out of the box, very very few people is going to take it home and go thru that major change out for a aftermarket unit, just not going to happen on that anyways, at least to the degree that most people do it, so it would make the ps units in aftermarket stand in poor slow rare sales and sales dropped badly. so that was my point to the post.
maybe but right now the aftermarker ps is a lot better ps unit then the factory canam one way better feel and its not twicky like the factory ps[/QUOTE]

I never said after market items will go away, they wont and we don't want them to, they will get better and better for us. I said name something that will become gone or close to it, in other words very little sales as a result of what comes out of the box, hint power steering is becoming more and more dominating on machines off the showroom floor standard.. things like roofs and doors and clutches ( to improve your personal riding style) will always be around and around. will always have choices like that.

do u want a roof, you got factory, utv, turnkey, emp choices, get one. that will keep aftermarket thriving, but power steering wont
Aftermarket parts won't go obsolete, they have several options to go with even if they can be bought from the factory. They can make them cheaper to the consumer, lighter on various parts, stronger, or more appealing.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree. All the manfacturers have agreed to limit engine size to 1000cc, so they will all be looking to get more HP to the wheels. Each one also loves to boast thier product was the first to have this or that so they will move in a direction to claim innovation and be the leader.

The other area I think will continue to progress is the suspension. They will build better & better suspension on the new vehicles.
who says the manufacturers agreed to limit it to 1000cc?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am not one to write this kind of stuff but I will share some info I have known for awhile, and please don't ask me where I heard this because I will not go there. but I do know that Can am is testing some manual trans stuff now as they feel the limits of the CVT system or "belts" are about maxed out right now. From what I know the trans is much like the Can am spider with paddle shifters, there are 140HP 160Hp and even a 180HP turbo prototypes built. We would be 2 to 4 years out before this could see production on this stuff, but that would set the UTV world on it's head if and when that happens. There will have to be something this big to keep this sport going forward in the years to come. I don't believe that there will be any limits on HP as some believe, that was the same story we heard in the jet ski world for years. Time will tell

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am not one to write this kind of stuff but I will share some info I have known for awhile, and please don't ask me where I heard this because I will not go there. but I do know that Can am is testing some manual trans stuff now as they feel the limits of the CVT system or "belts" are about maxed out right now. From what I know the trans is much like the Can am spider with paddle shifters, there are 140HP 160Hp and even a 180HP turbo prototypes built. We would be 2 to 4 years out before this could see production on this stuff, but that would set the UTV world on it's head if and when that happens. There will have to be something this big to keep this sport going forward in the years to come. I don't believe that there will be any limits on HP as some believe, that was the same story we heard in the jet ski world for years. Time will tell
Boy oh boy do I hope you are right.....

·
Registered
998 Posts
I brought this up a year ago and I said paddle shift would be the next innovation coming .. Standards are dead in vehicles, paddles without a manual clutch will be the ticket in a sxs .. And I think cvt's are maxed out, look how many xp1's are blowing belts with a slight hp bump over the 900 .. 140 hp and paddle shift will be awesome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts