Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I got the thing mounted but on the electrical side of things I got a question.

The Contact has Green, Brown, Black

But the wires coming off the factory switch(hanging off passenger side front) from the dash has Green, Blue, and looks like black.

How are these supposed to be connected? Im not running a remote, just the factory switch in the dash.

Also, where/how did you guys mount your contact?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
400 Posts
i mounted mine on little spot in front of filter, someone on her had done that so i copied it keeps it out of water allot better and easier to work on if need be. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah...did not think about that. thanks for the idea

Now I just need the wires figured out!

·
Registered
400 Posts
i didnt use that harness i just ran straight to switch it came with since it was literately less than 2 feet away from contact was just as easy to go direct.

Reactions: Tomcat

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like yours was about where tbtexas was located. No picture is needed. I'm sure it'll be noticeable when I get home in a few days.

Thanks for the help.

-Jeff

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey this is VERY handy for me too as I have the same wench and am wiring this weekend too. Thanks. For the factory black wire with loop in the front do you just screw into the post on the Warn contactor black post? Also I assume you still need to run Warn-provided long blue and yellow #6 wires from the contactor to the battery, right? No factory wire that can be used for the main power? Thanks again for insights!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
What factory switch are you guys wiring this to?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My winch came with a switch looks just like the factory one. It plugs directly into factory harness behind the center dash.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Tatershd thanks so much for all of the help. I might just go buy the Can Am mount plate today so I can get the whole thing wrapped up. Happy riding.

BTW: where are in you Montana? I'm in Oregon and used to work in Colstrip and Butte a month or two a year. Would head up to Big Sky occasionally for some skiing. An amazing area and such nice people. I miss it!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a happy camper w/ a working wench thanks to all the help on here. Mounted my contactor more vertical under front hood by drilling the brace that holds the radiator. Ended up with the factory wench mount and will have to move out slightly (1" or so) due to CT front Gusset brace.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts