Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would u buy the complete unit or just the diff the reason I ask is I found one for about 700 online and the new price is over 1000 for qe diff or complete unit I'm a mechanic for a living so the install should be straight forward

Let me know what u guys think

Robert

·
Registered
144 Posts
Called Seth at Hickland today and he said the internals have went up in price to $1,000. Sucks cause the whole unit is $1,300 retail.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Damn!! I paid just over half that. Did he give u a reason for the price hike?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I found the internals for $719 and the whole diff for $1075. I had to search different machines to get the best price. For example 2013 commander was $1100 for the internals and it was the same price for the whole diff.The cheaper prices I find were for a 2012 renegade with the same part #.

Question for those who installed the internals, did it have to be re-shimmed or do you just replace the internals and go with it?

·
Registered
292 Posts
I just did some checking on BRP website and the prices have gone up. They have the internals and the whole diff for the same price $1199. So I guess its all BRP doing. The bad thing is I sold a QE for $400 that I had in my commander not thinking I was going to want it in the mav.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I put the shims that the stocker had onto the qe unit and went with it. Haven't had a problem with the commander or maverick

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn. Thats to damn much. Well, just like everyting else.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Where from and what part #?

·
Registered
711 Posts
thats the standard diff, the same thing you already have in your machine. that is the standard visco lock. what all of these guys are looking for the the QE "quick engagement" diff. it has only been out for a year or two and is only in the limited models and higher end XXC models.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats the right part and as cheap as I have ever seen. I did just find the same part at other place for $899 but they also had the whole diff for the same price. It looks like BRP jacked the retail prices up and know the dealers have more flex on the price.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I thought it was only in the newer models but the part # seems to be right.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Airdam from all the reading I've done that's the right part number also that's the same number that hicklen power sports priced me also, and per driller77 it's correct

1 - 20 of 22 Posts