Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While investing for a vibrating sound coming from behind seat in engine area I discovered a electrical wire that was not plugged into anything I was hoping someone in here might know what it’s for. I have enclosed pictures of it. Also has anyone that had a vibrating sound at 5000 rpms find out what was causing it. I removed the exhaust tip because someone said they discovered that to be the culprit of there vibrating issue

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
Well welcome to the forum. Need to know a bit more info, year, model, accessories, ect.

Looks like a typical harness connector. Do you have a shop manual with schematics? Available for $100 cheaper than the Stealership at https://brpmanuals.com/

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Welcome to the forum like mega thinks , intercooler?
Things are looking a little muddy under the hood

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I would have to agree that is the plug that plugs the intercooler fan in when the intercooler is installed. It appears to be out currently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,651 Posts
If true, wonder how long it's been run without ?

I fired up my car about 2 weeks ago, didn't hear the S&B Particle Separator (not that I missed that sound) traced it, found the female part of the connector just hanging there. After a brief search found the other end down by the intercooler. Snapped them back together, can't figure out how they came apart. Now have both ends zip tied together and to the rear roll bar using GripLock ties.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Don't some models come without an intercooler? I'm sure the plug is still there anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Don't some models come without an intercooler? I'm sure the plug is still there anyway.
This is true. The base models don’t come with the intercooler. I would think the plugs is still there also. Good thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts