Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So out riding today I kept hearing a snapping noise when I would drift corners. I stopped and tried to figure out what it was and came across
A rear a arm bushing loose. It's the driver side read lower back bushing. After looking at it closer I notice the bolt was like back and forth and wore the paint so the hole has slop in it. I thought I got rid of this issue when I got rid of my rzr. I have 1100 miles on it and grease it every ride. Has anyone had this issue? I bought the extended warranty and wondering if can am will go good for it and what the fix would be for it? I'm hoping that if I buy a hitch it will eliminate this problem in the future?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The bolts in the front, and I would assume in the rear also, are a little undersized from the factory. I drilled out the fronts to 7/16" and it's real nice now. I'm gonna do the rear soon. The bushings are very hard to drill though. I did mine on a lathe.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup get the rear gusset and then drill the a-arm bolt holes to the next size and get new bigger bolts, never have a problem again

·
Registered
221 Posts
I had this happen . Torque all the a arm bolts to 45ftlbs and call it good. Use some BLUE lock tight to . I havent had that problem again

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The holes in the frame fit a 7/16 bolt so I am just going to have to drill the metal sleeve out. Did you guys do the front a arms too and the rear radius rods or just the rear a arms? I don't think I'm even going to bother getting ahold of my dealer about it I'm sure it will just turn into a joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts