Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scaling dirt track makes a huge difference , wondered how much a difference if the maverick was scaled out with me in the seat? that way all 4 wheels would have the same spring weight to the ground

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it would definitely help....but not sure how much it would help vs cost to get there is going to be worth it in the long run....are you planning on racing it?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish there was someone in the 100 mile area around here to race or I sure would. we race dirt but super late models, they don't like the idea of racing sxs

·
Registered
127 Posts
It makes a massive difference on my Mustang that I open track race. Balanced turning left and right and no pull when braking hard when I actually get the car dialed in. However, I don't own a $1000 set of scales so I always have to take it somewhere to get it done if I make any drastic changes.

I guessed on my Maverick and added about 5 turns of additional pre-load on the drivers side so it rolled less on right hand turns when I am driving solo. That is a shot in the dark guess I took but I was thinking about dragging it down to the scales just for fun.

Seems with the engine and driver / passenger weight so close to center that a Maverick would respond well to corner weighting

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was just thinking, being the suspension set up on these and all, with a driver in it, and no passenger, it would offset some, and adjusting spring tension, rebound, etc up to fight against the added weight on drivers side would help , especially trail riding when off cambered and such

1 - 5 of 5 Posts