Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an XRS and first time out I noticed a "rattling-squealing" noise from the rear. Dealer called Can AM , they replaced the rear belt and Can AM claimed they had this problem with the rear drive, but I should drive it and see what happens, next time they will replace the drive assembly. So the noise returned within the first hour and now they tell me its my fault diving it too slow in high gear I should keep it I low when going under 25- 30 MPH. Has anyone had this trouble and should I drive in low when I'm just putts-ing along? Sounds like "BS" to me.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I drive mine in high all the time unless I am doing some steep hill climbing or tight technical riding. If you are not getting on it hard and if you are riding slow, yes, you should use low gear.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have never put mine in low yet. But heAvy is correct when climbing steep hills, rock crawling you should be in low gear. If the rpm's are low or the engine lugs you need to be in low

·
Registered
488 Posts
I run I low most of the time, get the ECU reflash or sport low mod then your good to go for 0-45 mph in low with full power. Never had the noise you hear. The clutch makes some funny sounds but that's normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts