Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Interesting - Thanks Ledfoot for the follow up.
Mine is about 3/4" below with wheels on the ground.
Wheels off the ground it is over 2" below the shock bottom.
Please let me know your outcome with ST.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Funny thing, I was watching this weeks Thursday ST video and someone with an RC said they just got their kit and was it normal for the divider to hang below the shock. They said no.

I followed up again on Friday but still no response. I get that sometimes you will have issues with a product, but the lack of support has me concerned.
Might have been me, i asked but didnt see a reply. Strange if they said no, if you watch the install video it does stick down when the reassemble. I just checked, mine hang down 1 7/8" at full extension and sit about 1/4" inch up at ride height. I've had to add over 2" of preload in front and 1.5 in back but thats not even measuring loaded with cargo and driver/passenger yet. On the positive i did get a quick ride in and it does feal much better.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
222 Posts
I set the my car up at 18"/18.5" with ST springs knowing they'd come down and the car is now 17"/17.5". The springs are quite a bit stiffer than stock.

·
Registered
691 Posts
See Throw It Out There Thursday (Shock Therapy LIVE 4/22/2021) at 18:30.
Ya that was me indeed, just rewatched it. My wifi sucked and the feed kept freezing so i missed the part where they mentioned it. Just emailed them to see what they say about it. I've also had to add quite abit of preload and still need more.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Ya that was me indeed, just rewatched it. My wifi sucked and the feed kept freezing so i missed the part where they mentioned it. Just emailed them to see what they say about it. I've also had to add quite abit of preload and still need more.

Sounds like we have the exact same issue.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sounds like we have the exact same issue.
Mine only hang down at full extension, sitting normally i have about 1/2" of shock body visible below the divider. Im gonna have to add nearly 4" of extra preload to get proper ride height with full weight in car. I emailed them so we'll see. Also all 4 back springs on mine are 00257361.

·
Registered
2020 XDS RR, 2019 Sport 1000R
989 Posts
The ride improvement is amazing, just trying to find out why they say everything is fine then on the livestream say its not lol

Yeah I will wait until it's sorted out. Sounds like they have a problem. What a pain in the ass to get the wrong stuff sent to Canada.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Yeah I will wait until it's sorted out. Sounds like they have a problem. What a pain in the ass to get the wrong stuff sent to Canada.
Ill let you know what they say, but ive got no issue leaving it as is if they say no worries.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Here's another great page explaining dual rate springs:

Eibach

Reactions: Ledfoot

·
Registered
691 Posts
So from my email response the divider hanging down past the body as long as its not entirely below it. They're double checking my info to verify if i got the right springs because of the amount of preload i currently need to get it to proper ride height

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
If you put a 200# weight on a 200# spring it will compress 1 inch. If you put a 200# spring on top of another 200# spring and then put a 200# weight on top of the stack, both springs will compress an inch. Its not like somehow one spring takes all the weight while the other spring feels no load. Since each spring compresses an inch in this example, the stack has a combined rate of 100# since the 200# weight compresses the stack 2 inches.

(200 x 200) / (200+200)
40,000 / 400 = 100

·
Premium Member
7,723 Posts
If you put a 200# weight on a 200# spring it will compress 1 inch. If you put a 200# spring on top of another 200# spring and then put a 200# weight on top of the stack, both springs will compress an inch. Its not like somehow one spring takes all the weight while the other spring feels no load. Since each spring compresses an inch in this example, the stack has a combined rate of 100# since the 200# weight compresses the stack 2 inches.

(200 x 200) / (200+200)
40,000 / 400 = 100
Very nice explanation! Thank you. Tim

·
Administrator
3,178 Posts

(200 x 200) / (200+200)
40,000 / 400 = 100

Very nice explanation! Thank you. Tim
Agreed!...great exclamation even this ole' caveman can understand, Zambo.....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
ST swapped my lowers with some stiffer rate springs. It took care of the excessive preload issue and put it a little under 2 inches. It also fixed the divider hanging below the shock.

I haven’t tried it out yet, but I will next weekend. Getting the preload corrected should benefit the ride over smaller bumps. Hopefully it adds some bottom resistance to the rear as well.

·
Premium Member
X3 XRS R Triple Black
1,300 Posts
Call them from 8-5 (623) 217-4959 'keep calling'

Funny thing, I was watching this weeks Thursday ST video and someone with an RC said they just got their kit and was it normal for the divider to hang below the shock. They said no.

I followed up again on Friday but still no response. I get that sometimes you will have issues with a product, but the lack of support has me concerned.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts