Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Seems like it would be pretty easy to stack some weights on it until it compresses an inch...
It would be crude but close. Can you imagine stacking 300 lbs or more on a spring? You can skip gym day after that.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Yea, but if I was a competitor trying to steal their spring rates, wouldn't be too hard.

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Yea, but if I was a competitor trying to steal their spring rates, wouldn't be too hard.
If your a competitor trying to steal spring rates, you go buy a spring compression tool that measures the spring rates. The spring rates are not some magic. I would bet Shock Therapy spring rates are similar to what the other tuners are using.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If your a competitor is trying to steal spring rates, you go buy a spring compression tool that measures the spring rates. The spring rates are not some magic. I would bet Shock Therapy spring rates are similar to what the other tuners are using.
I can't like this enough.

There is limited leeway in the spring rates. You can have a heavier combined rate, say 133 lb/in, that requires less preload to achieve a given ride height, or you can have a lighter rate, say 115 lb/in, that requires more preload to achieve the same ride height. Too much or too little preload is not good.

Reactions: sand shark

·
Registered
2021 X3 Max XRS Turbo RR
18 Posts
Can confirm shock therapy upper and lower rear springs are the same height. Nearly identical part numbers as well. 00257361 upper 05257361 lower.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don’t know if it was mentioned because this post is looooong ........the crossover in the first pic is way lower than the second pic. They are not equal / even and the one in the first pic is too low

I have a CT Raceworx shock job and PAC racing springs, three years later they are sagging bad :(
CT is having trouble getting springs !! Everyone is having trouble getting everything now a days !
They use Eibach now as you all know, I always thought the PAC springs were a little on the wimpy side.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That first pic is mine, the other is another members RC. The ones on mine are both set to 2”. Equal position on both shock bodies, so everything is level.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Thank you everyone for jumping in to help. Especially those that posted pics. The members on this board are awesome!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like to me that your shock Springs are reversed. Did you have shock therapy to your setup for you or did you do them yourself? You need to take that picture and send it to them and ask them.

·
Registered
389 Posts
To add to the testing methods listed. I put the spring on a bathroom scale in my press. Then double check with the measurements.

·
Registered
2020 XRC Turbo RR
222 Posts
Here are what my rears look like. The slider sits just above the bottom of the shock body. Ride height is 17.5" with 32" tires. My springs were marked upper and lower with marker and are on correctly.

·
Registered
985 Posts
And I believe PAC Racing springs are no longer available?
I think so .....CT went to Eibach from PAC a few years ago

and they are out of almost all of the Eibach and have trouble getting them right now, I have to call back in a few weeks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not exactly Tim.
Two 300 lb springs combined have a rate of 150. When you get to the crossover ring and are now using one spring, the rate then doubles,. or 300lbs.
Hence the term dual rate. Jack
For some reason that don't make sense to me. Whether you have 1 or 2 springs stacked on each other their rates don't change. With your example of 300 lbs rate springs it still takes 300lb of force to move the spring 1" whether they are individual or stacked does it not?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
155 Posts
To move the dual springs 1" you are only moving each one 1/2" so the rate is 150 effectively. It will heat up the brain for sure!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
To move the dual springs 1" you are only moving each one 1/2" so the rate is 150 effectively. It will heat up the brain for sure!
That is not the correct way to look at it either. See link above.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Funny thing, I was watching this weeks Thursday ST video and someone with an RC said they just got their kit and was it normal for the divider to hang below the shock. They said no.

I followed up again on Friday but still no response. I get that sometimes you will have issues with a product, but the lack of support has me concerned.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts