Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my clutches yesterday and had to spend some tuning time. Out of the box the RPM was way low on launch and then quickly overreved for the rest of the run. I ended up taking out all the weights from the cross holes and base holes. Two of the weights have the 1/2" socket head screws in the center hole and the 3rd has the 3/8 socket head screw in it. All three have 3/8 socket head screws in the tip hole. It's still not slamming max RPM very quickly and I'd like to drop the top RPM down another hundred but adding all this weight doesn't seem right. The instructions say I shouldn't need weights in the tip hole unless it's blown. Kris is MIA and QSC is closed till next week. Here is a video I made. It's only to 60MPH but you get the idea. After 65 it pulls down from 8k to about 7700. What do you guys think? I compared my 0-60 times to a few other vids and it's about .5 seconds slow.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm curious why it wasn't pre-tuned ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was. That's why I'm wondering what the deal is and if I'm doing something wrong.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If it was pre-tuned then why are you messing with it?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Cause he said it wasn't right. Slow take off and then bouncing off of rev limiter. I know kris is busy but I'm sure he will get back in touch ASAP and get u taken care of

·
Registered
272 Posts
Kris is the $hit, he's an extremely good guy he will for sure help you out. He's bent over backwards to help me in the past. Like it was said above he is a busy man and it being a holiday weekend he could be on a big ride. I'm confident he'll get ya taken care of. Sorry I couldn't be of help to your main question.

Nathan

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Where did you buy the clutch?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well, I'm going on 2 months since I paid him for the QSC / STM clutch setup. My patients has been spread very thin. I think he bit off more than he can chew.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yikes, 2 months? Yea I could see where your patience might be thin.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Well, I'm going on 2 months since I paid him for the QSC / STM clutch setup. My patients has been spread very thin. I think he bit off more than he can chew.
Wow waiting on kris for ur clutch for two months?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
There are so many variables between each machine, the clutches may be set up close but are not going to be perfect. It's like buying a performance carburetor, slapping it on a engine & expect it to run perfect. It may run but its probably going to be rich/lean, etc. It takes a little tuning to get it right. These clutches are the same way. Each machine is different not to mention altitude, tire size, weight and so on. Both Kris @ ColdBlooded & Adam @ QSC are top notch guys and will get you dialed in. I am still working on getting mine dialed in, I've now changed my helix and I am going to work on it tomorrow. As soon as I get it dialed in here then I will have to figure were I need to set it up at for the mountains and the dunes & with my paddles.
The first time I took my set-up out it was to the dunes. It wasn't right and I was having to add weight in the opposite direction Kris had thought. Props to Kris, he was calling me back on the weekend when they were out riding trying to get me dialed in. I ended up getting it pretty close but was having issues with a seized weight. Adam at QSC really has bent over backwards working with me to get this thing right. He sent me out a new helix to try & it already feels better just running down the street. I should have it dialed tomorrow.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Understood on the holiday weekend thing. I was just really hoping to have it dialed in on Friday while I had some tuning time. I purchased from Kris and I know he will fix me up. Maybe I have helix issues too who knows. I guess I'll find out next week when folks are around.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Installed my clutches yesterday and had to spend some tuning time. Out of the box the RPM was way low on launch and then quickly overreved for the rest of the run. I ended up taking out all the weights from the cross holes and base holes. Two of the weights have the 1/2" socket head screws in the center hole and the 3rd has the 3/8 socket head screw in it. All three have 3/8 socket head screws in the tip hole. It's still not slamming max RPM very quickly and I'd like to drop the top RPM down another hundred but adding all this weight doesn't seem right. The instructions say I shouldn't need weights in the tip hole unless it's blown. Kris is MIA and QSC is closed till next week. Here is a video I made. It's only to 60MPH but you get the idea. After 65 it pulls down from 8k to about 7700. What do you guys think? I compared my 0-60 times to a few other vids and it's about .5 seconds slow.
It doesn't seem to be accelerating nearly as fast as it should in my opinion. Your RPM's are high right off the bat but it still climbs to 60 slower then stock.

This whole pre-tuned notion is wrong. The clutches will come close to what you asked for but most will have to be dialed in some more once you install it. QSC does a good job at getting the clutches very close to your style of riding. I personally don't know about Kris, I have seen people who have been very happy with his work and some that haven't.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Wow waiting on kris for ur clutch for two months?
Yep and his last email on 8/22, he said he would let me know when his QSC shipment would come in. He said that QSC told him the clutches were shipping that day. I figure he should have received them by now but haven't heard from Kris. I also asked him a few questions about the clutch that same day. I never got a response.

I know most of you had satisfactory experience with him but mine has been a complete opposite and he has yet to make my situation right as most of you say he will.

I've actually thrown in the towel on this setup. Going a different route.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yep and his last email on 8/22, he said he would let me know when his QSC shipment would come in. He said that QSC told him the clutches were shipping that day. I figure he should have received them by now but haven't heard from Kris. I also asked him a few questions about the clutch that same day. I never got a response.

I know most of you had satisfactory experience with him but mine has been a complete opposite and he has yet to make my situation right as most of you say he will.

I've actually thrown in the towel on this setup. Going a different route.
I emailed him (Kris) last week and he got right back to me. He said (on Thursday) that he just got them in and would be shipping them out as soon as he got them set up. So hopefully, all of us that ordered them in the last month or so and are still waiting on them from Cold Blooded are going to get them next week...

Reactions: jjtenkate1

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well that's more reassuring to know that the clutches came in and he didn't let me know like he said he would.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Well that's more reassuring to know that the clutches came in and he didn't let me know like he said he would.
He didn't specifically say everyone's where in but he did say mine where in. So I am assuming anyone who ordered theirs around the same time as me or earlier (8/01/13) than, theirs should be in…..Again, don't quote me on it but just an assumption. Also, I would suggest you either email him or call him directly if you want to reach him. Don't rely on a post or sending him a PM on here for him to get back to you quickly as that is not his primary means of communication for his job…..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
He didn't specifically say everyone's where in but he did say mine where in. So I am assuming anyone who ordered theirs around the same time as me or earlier (8/01/13) than, theirs should be in…..Again, don't quote me on it but just an assumption. Also, I would suggest you either email him or call him directly if you want to reach him. Don't rely on a post or sending him a PM on here for him to get back to you quickly as that is not his primary means of communication for his job…..
Well I would assume that it's first come first serve basis but I suspect that isn't always the case with vendors. I don't rely on forums or PMs to contact a person. I have only emailed and called Kris in the past. I prefer email so it's clearly documented what was said by both parties.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree 100%...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts