Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you reuse the primary and secondary bolt a second time or should you replace both each time you remove them?

Also I believe it is advisable to use blue lock tight on the bolts correct?

Do you torque the bolts to spec and that is it or do you have to give a extra 180 deg turn like on the stock bolts?

Lastly if you put lock tight on the bolts do you have to let it cure for a few hours before you can run the clutches? If you have to let it cure...... And you break a belt in the field do you then have to sit there for a few hours waiting for the lock tight to cure?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can you reuse the primary and secondary bolt a second time or should you replace both each time you remove them?

Also I believe it is advisable to use blue lock tight on the bolts correct?

Do you torque the bolts to spec and that is it or do you have to give a extra 180 deg turn like on the stock bolts?

Lastly if you put lock tight on the bolts do you have to let it cure for a few hours before you can run the clutches? If you have to let it cure...... And you break a belt in the field do you then have to sit there for a few hours waiting for the lock tight to cure?

Any views on my questions?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The aftermarket clutches come with reusable mounting bolts. it is only the stock secondary that requires replacement after removal.

The blue loctite is required for the stock secondary mounting bolt only.

Torque the bolt to the manufacturer's spec. (i.e. QSC, STM, CVTech or OEM) I believe the stock primary bolt is the only one with a 2 stage torque sequence.

The stock secondary requires the blue loctite and says to allow 6 hours for it to cure before use.
So for the QSC and STM bolts I can reuse, brilliant.

Last question would you put blue lock tight on them or not needed. The dealer did not put any on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Clutch in gear
What do you think does it look good, installed the shim on QSC to raise rpm engage.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Went for a extended ride this evening, shifting between gears are smooth. Clutches engaging at about 2000 rpm. All good. Will go for a ride again in the morning.

Kris from CBP had a look at the videos and seemed happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts

Vid shows the clutches while in park, then in R and back to park.
Shim to increase engage rpm installed on QSC and 2 fibre washers on STM to control belt height.
Kris seemed happy with the setup.

Post a vid of yours

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good point, I will open it up again after tomorrow's ride and recheck, the STM has the 2 washers in and the belt does not look to tight, it is a brand new belt.

Will report back when I have it open again. What is the suggested solution, adding one more washer on the STM?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kris you are a legend!

Have done 2 outriders now with the new clutches. Total time about 1.7 hours of driving. Removed the covers this morning just to check on everything.

All looks good, re torqued the bolts and checked everything, I think it looks good.

Your opinion is welcome.

Will upload video shortly, no creeping and no squealing.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts