Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys that have the setup did u lose power or topend that u know of at any rpm? I know stm back shift and qsc smaller one way giving lower ratios I've had them on atvs.
Aren't the mav stock clutches a bit larger than qsc/stm. I'm just wondering if u lose topend given the fact the primary is larger which really is not a big factor to me just curious. What's the best shift out u guys r seeing? On my outty 1k it was 7800rpm. I can't stand the notorious primary clunk for one but I would also like to pull the front tires on demand and launch faster but by the same token I don't wanna lose acceleration.
Thx

·
Registered
725 Posts
If anything u will gain acceleration and all depends on how they are tuned..thats the kicker with them is that they can be tuned..and remember 80 mph is useless in the woods

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's useless on an atv in the woods as well I just want as much info as I can get on this setup from every angle on a mav otherwise I'm just gonna sell em. Thx

·
Registered
725 Posts
So you have the set up and your having issues with the tuning? if so contact airdam or kris for that kinda shet lol as I have no clue

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No no I have them just not on my bike yet I'm just curious of their pros and cons I have the setup from my outty. I know the weights have to be changed on the primary I've talked to Adam @ Qsc and the helix on the secondary and spring need to be changed as well I'm just lookin for people who have the real world experience with them, Sry I didn't clarify that

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Where I ride I never get a chance to hit top speed but I have hit 70 mph and has to back out. So not sure how much top end I may have lost if any. Sorry, wish I could be more help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts