Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Kris at Cold Blooded Performance can get you setup with a QSC. The biggest thing for me is you can actually get him on the phone and talk with him. Kris had no problems discussing our setup in depth for about an hour and setting up a combination that would work well for our race rig in all conditions.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Search the forum. There are several threads on here on that exact issue . Its a very heated, legnthy and controversial debate on which is better. But to sum it up. Either one u pick is a good clutch. Any thread on here that contains the word "clutch" in it, touches on this subject.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I bought the CV tech because the top speed of the on QSC was unknown at the time. Now that the results on the QSC are in, and it works perfect, that's what I would recommend. The roller primary is always going to be more efficient and have less wear then the slider primary.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, in sure either one would work great, just wondering if anyone had a bad experience with either? Cvtech is cheaper, that might be the deciding factor, thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also too when u buy a QSC it does come with all the weights u need to re tune it if you do any tire changes or power upgrades. I myself have an airdam cv tech but will probably be purchasing a QSC and STM secondary because I will be swapping tires back and forth from mud tires to paddles .

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a QSC with STM secondary, so far I am completely satisfied.

I do believe I am going to tinker with it bc that is my nature, but out of the box it was a wonderful improvement over stock, plus I never have that nervous feeling in the back of my head over the stock clutch exploding.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Whats the $$ Price $$ difference ???

·
Registered
424 Posts
And to answer the question to this thread. QSC all day. We upgraded the OG QSC Primary with a billet inner sheave to be able to withstand the higher horsepower and torque. We are seeing 80+ mph with the QSC Primary. The QSC Primary has about a 26% "gear reduction" with the smaller one way bearing which gives a much harder holeshot while still being able to maintain the same top end pull. The roller design of the QSC allows it to shift much faster than the competition and the aggressive weight profile which also promotes a hard hitting bottom end pull under heavy throttle while still maintaining a super smooth engagement. The sheaves are "fixed" or "locked together" so you will never have to worry with the problems you will face with the stock primary. And to be quite frank any primary clutch not equipped with a roller design these days is outdated technology!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Does this same setup work good for normal trail riding and the lots of times you pin it for o reason but to feel that 101hp. I just wanna make sure if were riding on a trail and then come to a dirt road or whatever and you pin it, it goes like a mo-fo...lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks kris I definently will go with the qsc, thanks for the input, I have your number and will call u tomorrow

·
Registered
424 Posts
Does this same setup work good for normal trail riding and the lots of times you pin it for o reason but to feel that 101hp. I just wanna make sure if were riding on a trail and then come to a dirt road or whatever and you pin it, it goes like a mo-fo...lol
It works phenomenal for trail riding. I just give examples in terms of "racing" because it's the easiest to tie things to. One of the huge gains with the QSC/STM combo is how fast the clutches shift. Say you are cruising on along at 20 mph and you pin it the QSC/STM will shift faster that any other clutch which will get you back up in your peak HP faster and more aggressively and allow you to fully utilize that 101hp you have at any time. On demand. So yes.

·
Registered
424 Posts
So you need the STM secondary along with the QSC?
We highly suggest it. Only because the inefficiency of the stock secondary limits what we can do with the primaries. We have to load the weights out differently to work with the stocker. The STM is a roller design secondary which is a faster "shifting" clutch. STM's motto is "when shift happens" haha! So true when speaking in terms of clutching. Ultimately you want to get to your peak HP and stay there as long as possible. This is achieved by more efficient clutching. BUT the QSC can be ran with the stock secondary AND you will see performance gains. Just not as much as if you were to run the STM secondary as well.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I ordered my Qsc couple weeks ago, I can't wait........:big smile:

·
Registered
664 Posts
We highly suggest it. Only because the inefficiency of the stock secondary limits what we can do with the primaries. We have to load the weights out differently to work with the stocker. The STM is a roller design secondary which is a faster "shifting" clutch. STM's motto is "when shift happens" haha! So true when speaking in terms of clutching. Ultimately you want to get to your peak HP and stay there as long as possible. This is achieved by more efficient clutching. BUT the QSC can be ran with the stock secondary AND you will see performance gains. Just not as much as if you were to run the STM secondary as well.
So does the STM secondary still have only marginal engine braking?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts