Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up a QSC from someone else who is going to an STM.

Anyway I spoken with Adam and he said it doesn't work to run it with the stock secondary because every time he has tried it the bolt has backed out and destroyed both clutches. I can get away with it at because I'm at higher altitude making less power.

He won't sell someone a QSC primary unless they buy an STM secondary as well.

He also said not to run a stronger secondary spring. What would you guys do?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also can I use the factory primary bolt? I don't have clutch recall done yet. If not what do I need to get? Puller, bolt, etc?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would go with what he said. buy the stm secondary and be done with it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually he recommended I run the stock secondary since I'm at higher altitude. I'll have better engine braking etc.

Does anyone have input on what all I need to install this?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I would do as Adam recommends, he knows his stuff. The engine braking is definately better with the stock secondary and you will probably prefer it if you do alot of trail riding. You will need a different primary bolt than stock & your going to need a primary clutch puller.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I did the qsc primary for 2 months before doing the STM secondary. I needed a primary bolt removal tool. Dealer 30.00. I loved it. Ride at 4500 elevation. Finally went to the STM secondary. Way better set up. Not even a comparison to the stock secondary.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
did whomever you bought it from nor provide the QSC mounting bolt with it? If not, I am sure QSC or any of their dealers can get you one.....as everyone else said, bite the bullet and get he secondary too...you will not regret it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts