Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some incredible customer service, the team at QSC got me a clutch in time for my Spring Ride event yesterday.

The box arrived Friday morning I bolted the QSC primary and STM secondary up and loaded it on the trailer.

I was a little nervous to say the least, but Adam said it would be ready out of the box.

All I can say is the new clutch is so much better in every way than the stock unit. It's quieter, it's smooth engagement, but definitely starts with a lower ratio, backshift is amazing. The power is always there, basically it's instant response. The stock machine has great power, but with this clutch it puts it to the ground and launches the vehicle forward no matter what your speed is.

Engine breaking works, but isn't as good as stock, but it does work and is useful.

The only real test data other than seat of the pants is the same straight stretch I use to get to 69 MPH, with new clutch I am at 72. I live in West Virginia we don't have straight always, so I don't mean that's top speed that's just the longest safe straight stretch I have available.

Anyhow I am very pleased. I think there are some minor tweaks I can play with but overall I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Glad to here wvxrs this is the same setup I have coming. So when you punch the throttle what are rpms?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Awesome, have you managed to open it up to see what the top speed is

·
Registered
59 Posts
I will be ordering mine Monday.Glad to hear you like it.I gave up on airdam after no response to phone calls or emails.If I have a problem I want to be able to talk to someone.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I will be ordering mine Monday.Glad to hear you like it.I gave up on airdam after no response to phone calls or emails.If I have a problem I want to be able to talk to someone.
Yea, me to

·
Registered
266 Posts
X4 on that

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I understand people get sick, people have busy days, people have shop work to do but for weeks on end I haven't got anything back from Airdam. It blows my mind.
QSC will get my money if I can get one in time for my next race.

·
Registered
649 Posts
After some incredible customer service, the team at QSC got me a clutch in time for my Spring Ride event yesterday.

The box arrived Friday morning I bolted the QSC primary and STM secondary up and loaded it on the trailer.

I was a little nervous to say the least, but Adam said it would be ready out of the box.

All I can say is the new clutch is so much better in every way than the stock unit. It's quieter, it's smooth engagement, but definitely starts with a lower ratio, backshift is amazing. The power is always there, basically it's instant response. The stock machine has great power, but with this clutch it puts it to the ground and launches the vehicle forward no matter what your speed is.

Engine breaking works, but isn't as good as stock, but it does work and is useful.

The only real test data other than seat of the pants is the same straight stretch I use to get to 69 MPH, with new clutch I am at 72. I live in West Virginia we don't have straight always, so I don't mean that's top speed that's just the longest safe straight stretch I have available.

Anyhow I am very pleased. I think there are some minor tweaks I can play with but overall I couldn't be happier.

Good to hear... I was about to jump ship and order up this system... But I like my Engine Braking too much... The claim was just like stock with the STM Secondary... I guess that still isn't true..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RPM's when you punch throttle are 7800. The most impressive thing is the throttle response, I have never been in an UTV that actually feel like it does something other than make noise when you punch the gas.

Not any more--- it also makes the difference in sport mode on and off a much wider margin than stock.

A lot of this is the backshift of the STM secondary.

·
Registered
998 Posts
RPM's when you punch throttle are 7800. The most impressive thing is the throttle response, I have never been in an UTV that actually feel like it does something other than make noise when you punch the gas.

Not any more--- it also makes the difference in sport mode on and off a much wider margin than stock.

A lot of this is the backshift of the STM secondary.
So the difference is night and day? I've never dealt with after market primarys so I don't know what to expect other than peace of mind. I was told there's a almost 2 bike length difference between a stock one and qsc Mav in a 300 feet run which is huge IMO

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Again I didn't have a chance to do any testing, but seat if the pants is huge. Even a buddy of mine who drove it prior couldn't get over the difference.

FYI this is a unit with 27 inch tires and 14 inch wheels.

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I was told there's a almost 2 bike length difference between a stock one and qsc Mav in a 300 feet run which is huge IMO
This is what I heard about the CVTech but knowing someone that has it he said he's seen zero gains and just got peace of mind.

·
Registered
424 Posts

What is lacking on the Engine braking? Glad you hear you got it going!

Anyone wanting to order get with me I currently have 14 primaries on the way.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The engine braking works well but once you get down to 6-8 mph it pretty much goes away.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The engine braking works well but once you get down to 6-8 mph it pretty much goes away.
Where did you order it from? Where did you get your secondary? Directly from STM? Or from QSC? Have you checked your belt deflection? I'm curious as to which helix you have as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I ordered it from Tammi and Adam at QSC.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts