Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Lol I know the feeling. I just did a blower and belt temp gauge, added a fuse block and all that jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Rode mine for the first time yesterday. I admit I am not a professional and wouldn't consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to our machines (all I'm really good at is writing out checks and pushing the "Start" button on my Mav) but I didn't see an appreciable difference in my new QSC/STM setup over my stock clutches. I was expecting a world of difference and I just didn't see/feel it.

I'm going to call Adam tomorrow and talk to him about it.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Rode mine for the first time yesterday. I admit I am not a professional and wouldn't consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to our machines (all I'm really good at is writing out checks and pushing the "Start" button on my Mav) but I didn't see an appreciable difference in my new QSC/STM setup over my stock clutches. I was expecting a world of difference and I just didn't see/feel it.

I'm going to call Adam tomorrow and talk to him about it.
Honestly my opinion of clutches has changed a lot over the last year. really the only difference that I can tell is starting off or under 10mph other than that I'm loosing faith that spending 1500 is the right move.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
I just don't want to waste the money if I don't need to. I just want to be able to tune the stock primary in better so it doesn't slip so much and get an STM secondary for better back shifting when climbing the big dunes and coming out of corners in the trails. I just don't know how the stock primary will do with paddle tires. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I'm just wanting a good setup for paddle tires that is going to perform good and not break the bank.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Lol I know the feeling. I just did a blower and belt temp gauge, added a fuse block and all that jazz.

That's EXACTLY what I'm in the middle of!!! Those three very same things lol

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Honestly my opinion of clutches has changed a lot over the last year. really the only difference that I can tell is starting off or under 10mph other than that I'm loosing faith that spending 1500 is the right move.
Alex - I assume you are just talking about the primary because an STM secondary is light years better than what you can do with the stock secondary......

·
Registered
120 Posts
I got a gen2 Raptor QSC. I had a gen 1 QSC on my commander. We ride mud 90% of the time, so I didn't see the need for the STM secondary and its ability for lightning fast back shifting, as our speeds don't usually go over 10-15mph while mudding. We are not mud racing, just recreational trail riding from mud pit to mud pit. I can tell you that both QSC clutch's gen 1 and gen 2, both eliminated me smoking/slipping my belt, and they definately pull harder than stock. The sheaves on the clutch are pinned/locked together vs. the stock clutch which will help reduce belt temps as well. For slow technical mud riding with big heavy mud tires, its a must have. Otherwise you will slip your belt and replace them often. A buddy of mine has the exact same maverick as me, both of us running 30" tires. When we drag race for fun, I always beat him, this happens directly from the holeshot or as soon we start!! So the clutch is working for my application.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i cannot wait for mine to show up now!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Correct. The secondary is worth having but for trail riding i Don think the primary is worth it
Alex - are you considering running the stock primary for racing this year?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
For you guys running the qsc and stm secondary, is the secondary post the same as running it with the stock primary? Or do you need the same post as the rage? I would like to get the secondary and see how it does with the stock primary but your screwed if you get a stm rage later on. If i want to run a qsc gen 2 can i add that later or no?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
For you guys running the qsc and stm secondary, is the secondary post the same as running it with the stock primary? Or do you need the same post as the rage? I would like to get the secondary and see how it does with the stock primary but your screwed if you get a stm rage later on. If i want to run a qsc gen 2 can i add that later or no?
I didn't think of that. I'd like to know as well. If that's the case I'd get a secondary soon and if I liked it good enough if just stay with that setup or get the gen2 QSC/STM setup and if I didn't like it or had problems with it just takeoff the QSC and run a stock primary.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
QSC/STM setup uses the same offset for the secondary as the stock setup. STM/STM does not.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thanks heavy u da man!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
no prob...

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
QSC/STM setup uses the same offset for the secondary as the stock setup. STM/STM does not.
This was another reason why I got the QSC / STM setup. If anything ever happened to my QSC primary, I could still use my stock primary with my STM secondary.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
For you guys running the qsc and stm secondary, is the secondary post the same as running it with the stock primary? Or do you need the same post as the rage? I would like to get the secondary and see how it does with the stock primary but your screwed if you get a stm rage later on. If i want to run a qsc gen 2 can i add that later or no?[/QUOTE

Just an FYI, to change out the post isn't a big deal, and I think the part is about $80. Your not exactly screwed, but would have to shell out a few extra $$.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts