Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Was talking to Adam and he figured they would have some ready for shipping end of next week or early the week after

·
Registered
382 Posts
Any updates on this? I would like to get one with my stock primary and possibly do a clutch kit or primary down the road.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am expecting a call from Adam this Friday at the earliest. Most likely Monday or Tuesday of next week is what I was told.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have run the First Gen QSC Predator/ STM, CVTech/STM, and Rage 6/STM and This new Raptor is my favourite clutch so far.
Interesting, Would you mind explaining why it's your favourite ? Just curious.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
791 Posts
Interesting, Would you mind explaining why it's your favourite ? Just curious.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .
I would say the things that I like the most about it is that it has excellent belt grip at low speeds, for towing or crawling without slipping the belt, It runs quieter than any other clutch I have had, and it has the highest top speed, which is great if you run a lot of mud trails in low range with big tires.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just got off the phone with Adam a few hours ago. I've been waiting 7 weeks for these babies to come in! He's waiting on the shafts to come in from a outside source. Said he's picking them up tomorrow and going to assemble like a mad man and hopefully get the first batch out this week! I've been so anxious! Can't wait to get them!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
It's not just the new gen, it's the old one too. BRP has had issues with the bolt backing off from day one with even the stock clutches. It's why they changed the design and is now using a stretch bolt in combination with "slippery" washers. I'm assuming with the added torque from the QSC clutches, it just makes the issue worse. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndrome.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
It's not just the new gen, it's the old one too. BRP has had issues with the bolt backing off from day one with even the stock clutches. It's why they changed the design and is now using a stretch bolt. I'm assuming with the added torque from the QSC clutches, it just makes the issue worse. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse my fat finger syndroinme.
I have a cvtech primary and stock sec and Ive took my secondary off i bet 10 times and use the same first gen bolt i think its installer error or something i use a little blue loctite and torque to 45 pounds and i have alot more torque then most mavericks and commanders

·
Registered
142 Posts
I highly doubt it's installer error based on the fact that they were falling off from the factory, I had mine fall off with the updated bolt, and my buddies fell off after the dealer had his off. And I personally know the head tech at the dealership and he knows his stuff. Loctite is used from the factory, was used by me, and also by the dealer in all cases. There's a design flaw somewhere. Obviously it's not going to effect every single machine. That's the nature of issues like this. Sometimes it's hit or miss.

·
Registered
142 Posts
alot of people like the stock sec engine breaking that would suck to not be able to use it
The STM secondary has an engine breaking option. People say it doesn't work as well as the factory setup, but it's still there. And as stated previously (or in another thread, can't remember), the new QSC primary pared with the stm secondary has better engine breaking than with the first gen primary.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
So people that arent having problems with there aftermarker primary and stock secondary bolt backing out shoudnt have a problem with running this new primary then

·
Registered
142 Posts
Edited due to not reading your post right.

It'd be hard to say. Its on you I suppose if you're willing to risk it.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
The STM secondary has an engine breaking option. People say it doesn't work as well as the factory setup, but it's still there. And as stated previously (or in another thread, can't remember), the new QSC primary pared with the stm secondary has better engine breaking than with the first gen primary.

cool!!! because my cvtech is about wore out it has 5000 miles on a outlander and 4500miles on my turbo commander thinking about trying this new qsc primary out

·
Registered
791 Posts
alot of people like the stock sec engine breaking that would suck to not be able to use it
The new QSC Raptor with STM secondary has engine braking as good as stock. I don't even have the engine braking helix option installed and engine braking is great right down to a crawl. It could be used with the stock secondary if you want but you would be on your own if your stock secondary comes apart and damages the primary. QSC does not want to sell them for use with the stock primary specifically for that reason.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The new QSC Raptor with STM secondary has engine braking as good as stock. I don't even have the engine braking helix option installed and engine braking is great right down to a crawl.
That's really good to hear! Every time I read more about the raptor I get more anxious for it to show up on my doorstep!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Still waiting for them to show up.... This is getting a bit ridiculous. Last week they said they'd be sent out last Thursday. Well still no tracking number. Sent them an email just now. I'm sure I won't get a reply....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just got off the phone with Adam. He is expecting the clutches in today. Then two days for heat treating and new weights are expected in late Thursday or Friday.

With any luck I might have new clutches by this weekend!

21 - 40 of 87 Posts