Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word on the new qsc clutch? Just curious how much better it is then the first one? And what are the differences?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And when is it going to be available?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I am testing one of the first QSC Raptors and I can tell you this is going to be the clutch to have. It is smooth, runs quiet, has excellent mud tire turning /crawling / pulling ability, has engine braking as good as stock when used with STM secondary, has higher top speed potential than any other aftermarket clutch available, and is fully and easily tuneable just like the first generation QSC primary.

The main differences from the first Gen QSC primary are that it has larger dimeter sheaves that close further, double thickness parts in places where the old one has failed in the past, larger rollers, different weights

·
Registered
791 Posts
It is available to purchase now. They have just begun filling a backlog of orders before new orders are filled so it could be a couple weeks before it will ship.

·
Registered
791 Posts
image.jpg image.jpg

The New QSC Raptor (Gen 2) on the Left. The old QSC Predator (Gen 1) on the Right

Note: The weights are not in the clutches in this pic

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have run the First Gen QSC Predator/ STM, CVTech/STM, and Rage 6/STM and This new Raptor is my favourite clutch so far.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That looks totally different from the Gen 1 clutch. What's the cost? I hope same....but doubt it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
You can't buy the primary alone for the Maverick. You have to buy the secondary along with the new primary if you are installing them on a Maverick.

$1,390

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
You can't buy the primary alone for the Maverick. You have to buy the secondary along with the new primary if you are installing them on a Maverick.

$1,390
Why? Did the dimensions change with the Gen 2 clutch? To my knowledge the STM is the only thing that won't run with the factory secondary.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No its because Adam won't sell the primary to be used with the stock secondary. He says every time he has tried it the bolt backs out of the secondary. At sea level that is anyway. Makes less power at high altitude so it's not an issue.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Adam had mentioned that he would not be selling it for use with the stock secondary because of too many problems with the stock secondary bolt backing out and destroying both clutches.

I am sure you could use your own STM secondary if you already have one. Giles is correct on the price for the pair. I believe that breaks down to $820 for the Primary and $570 for the STM secondary.

Dimensions have not changed. It still uses the same long post secondary (stock offset)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Dimensions haven't changed. They just won't warranty the secondary if it doesn't hold up so they will only sell the QSC primary and a secondary together.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Adam had mentioned that he would not be selling it for use with the stock secondary because of too many problems with the stock secondary bolt not being installed correctly and backing out destroying both clutches. I am sure you could use your own STM secondary if you already have one. Giles is correct on the price for the pair. I believe that breaks down to $820 for the Primary and $570 for the STM secondary. Dimensions have not changed. It still uses the same long post secondary (stock offset)
Is this Rory?

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like I'll be saving my pennies for the gen2 qsc instead of a full stm set up. I just run the dunes, so if I could get something that pulls hard on the bottom and get some more top speed that would be perfect.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts