Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed qsc and stm secondary. Love the performance so far, pulls a lot harder. Im really happy with it, especially the piece of mind of not having my clutch explode. Only thing is when I put the mav in gear it wants to take off a little. Around 1550 rpms. do I just need to add heavier weights on the primary? What about changing the secondary spring?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Sounds like your belt may be too tight……you may need to adjust your shim stack on your secondary…..can you confirm if the primary is engaging or if it is just creeping?

·
Registered
969 Posts
Where did you buy it from? It's the primary spring that needs to be changed or shimmed. I got mine from quad shop customs and it has a small aluminum washer to shim the primary spring. I talked to QSC and Adam said it is there to keep it from creeping at idle. I put in the thinner one in mine and it still works good. Mine engages a little off idle.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it off of wvxrs here on the forums. It was tuned for him. Pretty much a stock setup. Yes the primary is engaging, ran it a bit with cover off. So I need to to add shims to the primary? or change the spring? If its not a big deal, I wont worry about it. Im thinking its hard just hard on belt life this way.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Maybe you should talk to Kris at coldblooded performance so he can get set up correctly for your riding.

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
969 Posts
You need a higher engagement spring or an aluminum shim that QSC has to put in between the primary spring. It will raise the engagement and not creep at idle.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
You need the aluminum shim under the primary spring. I had the same problem with mine when I first installed it. It's very quick to put in once you get to the clutch.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure it already has spacer installed. It may just be you have a brand new belt. I didn't have this issue, so I would really lean towards the belt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts