Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes, u sure can. although some mavericks have had issues with the secondary too. I replaced both for reliability and the performance was a nice improvement.

·
Registered
459 Posts
yes, u sure can. although some mavericks have had issues with the secondary too. I replaced both for reliability and the performance was a nice improvement.
What are your secondary settings, tire size and elevation if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I did the same thing. Just bite the bullet and did both at the same time. It only hurt the wallet for a little while.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
ive changed it around so much, I don't remember. I put 30 bighorns on and had to change to a stiffer secondary spring. Im still tuning the weights. Its close but im over revving at 67 mph so im goin have to add some weight on the tip or center

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I did the same thing. Just bite the bullet and did both at the same time. It only hurt the wallet for a little while.
I did the same thing.....never looked back but was a spendy upgrade.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Can i use the stock secondary with a qsc primary clutch??
I ran a qsc for a long time with stock secondary. The only issue I had was mine would loose rpm at around 50 mph because of the secondary spring. Average trail riding you will never notice this. If you want all out performance then you will want the stm sec. It really depends on what kind of riding you do.

·
Registered
57 Posts
How is the engine braking with the qsc primary and a STM secondary?

2014 Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000 with some addons...

·
Registered
459 Posts

just like the Polaris you have to hit the gas to engage it or it's nonexistent, it puts down the power tho.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

It will hold in high gear until around 9-10 MPH and around 4-5 in low gear before it will drop out....a quick tap of the gas and it will re-engage.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Not gonna lie - engine breaking sucks donkey ballzzzzz... and when it does engage from tapping the skinny pedal your head snaps back like ridding in a tuned 6.4 powerstroked at takeoff...

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

Not gonna lie - engine breaking sucks donkey ballzzzzz... and when it does engage from tapping the skinny pedal your head snaps back like ridding in a tuned 6.4 powerstroked at takeoff...
haha......you are right about that! That is why I had a 2 way bearing installed on mine......so I can coast if I want to without fear of burning the underside of my belt like I did after 30 minutes when I first installed the clutches.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
haha......you are right about that! That is why I had a 2 way bearing installed on mine......so I can coast if I want to without fear of burning the underside of my belt like I did after 30 minutes when I first installed the clutches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
QUOTE=sprinks542;88367]
haha......you are right about that! That is why I had a 2 way bearing installed on mine......so I can coast if I want to without fear of burning the underside of my belt like I did after 30 minutes when I first installed the clutches.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Lol.... Sorry guys for the double post. Trying to multi task here.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Heavy, is this something I should look into, 2 way bearing?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it really depends on your riding style and if you want to deal with the engine breaking in its current form. Knowing what I know now, I could have prevented the belt from getting burnt but I am not always going to be the driver. And the entire purpose of the one-way bearing is to grab the belt at dis-engagement and provide engine braking like the stock clutch down to almost a complete stop. Simply put, it doesn't work and the belt will slip on the bearing and if it slips enough it will burn your belt. The bearing is too small of a diameter and doesn't have enough contact with the belt to hold it from slipping like the stock primary does. To me that makes the one-way bearing useless so I had mine switched to a 2-way bearing so I can coast down a hill if I wanted too. It does spin the bearing extremely fast so I wouldn't do it all the time but it will never burn a belt and the engine breaking is no different than what it was with the one way bearing....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts