Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried having my can am dealer in Michigan order a QSC clutch and install but they said it can't be shipped to U.S
Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Tried having my can am dealer in Michigan order a QSC clutch and install but they said it can't be shipped to U.S
Any ideas?
Contact Kris at Cold blood performance,his set up will come pre tuned. bolt on & go!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I am from Michigan and I order my QSC/STM clutches from Kris. It's easy to do. There is more work to undo the seat and 2 plastic panels plus the CVT cover than there is to unbolt the primary clutch. The only thing that could be an issue is if the bolt snaps on you while untorquing but I believe it only happen to someone who had used red loctite on his bolt from previously unbolting it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is stm secondary worth it? I just want reliability.
IMO the primary is a need & the secondary is a want. No problems reported with the secondary

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Dealer says 3 hours to install. Look like an hour job to me. How long did it take you?
Once the plastics panels are out of the way, maybe 1 hr at the most including the R&R of the cover.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You didn't account for the coffee break.
Yes that includes a beer break which can be much longer than a coffee break! :cool2:

Reactions: Whattha

·
Registered
292 Posts
isn't QSC based out of Wisconsin?
Yes they are in WI.

Anybody that wants to see how to install a clutch just go to youtube. There's a bunch of video's on installing can am clutches.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
IMO the primary is a need & the secondary is a want. No problems reported with the secondary
I think if you do the primary you will eventually want to do the secondary, depending on your riding style and where you ride. The biggest problem I see with the stock secondary is backshifting. On long steep hills, particularly in sand, the stock secondary doesn't keep up with an aftermarket primary, and puts undo stress on the belt when you start bogging down. That stress creates alot of heat in the belt, and excess heat in the belt leads to blown belts.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think if you do the primary you will eventually want to do the secondary, depending on your riding style and where you ride. The biggest problem I see with the stock secondary is backshifting. On long steep hills, particularly in sand, the stock secondary doesn't keep up with an aftermarket primary, and puts undo stress on the belt when you start bogging down. That stress creates alot of heat in the belt, and excess heat in the belt leads to blown belts.
I've heard that about the secondary but haven't had a chance to verify it with my machine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts