Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the Qsc able to handle big power (turbo) or do I need to step up to an stm 6 or 8 arm?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I believe it will handle it with no problem but the best way to know for sure is call them direct.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I heard for big power u need the STM 8 at best 6 if not boosting to much !

Qsc good for 100-115rwhp roughly

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
424 Posts
I heard for big power u need the STM 8 at best 6 if not boosting to much !

Qsc good for 100-115rwhp roughly

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2
QSC will hold up to 200ish at the crank. Maybe more. That's how far we've pushed them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
QSC will hold up to 200ish at the crank. Maybe more. That's how far we've pushed them.
funny I had 140-150 rwhp which is 200 crank at first then lowered it , I thought u said 120rwhp tops, must have been someone else ! thx for the update tho

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
funny I had 140-150 rwhp which is 200 crank at first then lowered it , I thought u said 120rwhp tops, must have been someone else ! thx for the update tho
You put a turbo on your Mav Benzo? It isn't true without video evidence sir! ;)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
You put a turbo on your Mav Benzo? It isn't true without video evidence sir! ;)
lol I wish , I meant I posted 140-150 then lowered my quote , lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
So if QSC handles it 200 crank, what does Steve's Maverick have, because i know He switched from QSC to Rage 6 or 8 can't remember, because the QSC broke...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So if QSC handles it 200 crank, what does Steve's Maverick have, because i know He switched from QSC to Rage 6 or 8 can't remember, because the QSC broke...
Steve who?
Glamisfan has a CVTech clutch so it can't be him.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Steve who?
Glamisfan has a CVTech clutch so it can't be him.
Kris know's who i'm talking about.
Steve Hittle
He's not on this forum i don't think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Steve Hittle with Team Gorilla powered by Can Am. He's a factory sponsored racer.

2013 Maverick 1000. Silber Turbo, NX Kit, 32" Silverbacks, 3" Lift, etc. Roughly 18-1900 lbs race weight. If not more.

It broke the shaft on 12 lbs of boost and nitrous. Which was well in excess of 200 crank HP.

With that being said there were a few other variables that cause the shaft to break. That particular one had some issues with the taper on it. QSC did some upgrades to the clutch to enable the test of the comments to hold up.

With that being said. He snapped the shaft off at the crank. But never slipped a belt. There will be very few if any that make the power he was making at the time it let go.

·
Registered
424 Posts
He also swapped to a Rage 6 set up because of the violent hit from the nitrous. He can also adjust his engagement with the first stage arms as well as the spring. We are looking at a 4800ish stall as well. This can be achieved with a QSC as well. Just take a little bit more work. Modifying weights, custom spring rates, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day
I own a Maverick and Race it in South Africa
I have a lot of belt issues.
added a inline blower and after market belt
still it shreds the belt
I am running all standard as our MSA does not allow modifications yet
will it help changing the primary clutch ?? and what clutch is the best ??
what belt is better ??

thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts