1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Beautiful, im jealous.:money:

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Nice...your gunna like it, I gaurantee it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You will really enjoy this.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I love my setup & all I did was run it down the street. You wll notice it pulls harder.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Did you have to make any adjustments?
I know Kris is pretty good at making all the adjustments you will need. Just bolt on and go!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I haven't done anything but I haven't taken it in the dirt yet. You tell Kris what set up your running and he will set it up very close if not perfect.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Yep. Did that. I'm excited about it. I'm so nervous my stock clutch is going to breakdown. I've got 16 hours and 221 miles so I need to get my 10 hour service done. Just got back from the dunes so I'm going to look at my clutch tomorrow and see how it looks. I marked the bolt to see if it moved at all. Curious to see if it has and measure the width of my belt.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
damn that chit sur is Purdy !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Mostly the degree cut in the helix that controls how it shifts. I'm not a clutch expert so I can explain it as well as Kris.
I'm on my third helix now since I run such an odd setup. This last one is a custom cut one off helix.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the type of racing I am going to be doing I need a clutch that is setup to run WOT for 80 to 90% of the race. Plus I still use it as a recreational vehicle too. I'm not out to make any money racing, I'm just having some fun with it. 40 Degree with Engine Braking makes sense to me, the belt will ride higher I believe. I could totally be wrong but it sounds good in theory. I ask QSC to set it up with my spec's and they did. I have a dealer account with them and Adam has always been the shit when it comes to dialing these in. I sold a few of these for the Commanders, they kick ass.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Setting up a helix doesn't make it a full on race rig and make it more difficult to trail ride in, if anything it made it better all around. Again the issue with mine is running 30s in high hear racing with numerous types of terrain.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Did you have to make any adjustments?
I know Kris is pretty good at making all the adjustments you will need. Just bolt on and go!
Is Kris is the guy from Devious in Oregon, how can I get a hold of him to give him my specs so I can get the clutch set up and just bolt on.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts