Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, out at Glamis on my first ride of the season. Went to olds hill twice and while climbing I saw and heard my rpm's surge higher like the clutch slipping. It's possible I lost traction in the bumps so I'm going put my paddles on today and try again after stiffening up my suspension.

·
Registered
502 Posts
How's the belt Desert? Maybe it's getting tried?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I think he said he put a new one on

sounds like u need to add more clamping force

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
He said he starts the season off with a new belt so I would assume the belt is good to go.

Ok, out at Glamis on my first ride of the season. Went to olds hill twice and while climbing I saw and heard my rpm's surge higher like the clutch slipping. It's possible I lost transaction in the bumps so I'm going put my paddles on today and try again after stiffening up my suspension.
did you break the belt in first before you hit Olds? If the belt slipped, I would think it would have revved up and then dropped off when it caught. If it didn't drop off, it was probably loss of traction like you mentioned.....let us know what you find out...

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ya gotta break belt in or wash it scotch brite the clutches and break it in good when installed

·
Registered
206 Posts
ya gotta break belt in or wash it scotch brite the clutches and break it in good when installed
How do you "break in" a belt anyways

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How do you "break in" a belt anyways
there is a few threads on here with sum good idea's

for one break it in the first 20 miles easy on and off gas not flooring it whole time ,

then the other thing I hear is cleaning it in dishwasher or with dawn and a scotch brite

also clean ur sheaves with grey scotch brite

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I can just see it now...the wife opening the dishwasher and seeing the belt in there! I can imaging how that one will go...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot about breaking in the belt. Duuuuuuh. But just came back from olds hill and talking with Andy and SoCalMav. I got fox to adjust my shocks for me at camp Rzr and Muzzy gave me a personal adjustment on my digi tune. This time climbing Olds was better. But I still need some more time on the new belt. It's hard to remember that when its your first trip out. Thanks for the replys guys. About time to head to the Friday night drags!!!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Ok, out at Glamis on my first ride of the season. Went to olds hill twice and while climbing I saw and heard my rpm's surge higher like the clutch slipping. It's possible I lost transaction in the bumps so I'm going put my paddles on today and try again after stiffening up my suspension.
I forgot about breaking in the belt. Duuuuuuh. But just came back from olds hill and talking with Andy and SoCalMav. I got fox to adjust my shocks for me at camp Rzr and Muzzy gave me a personal adjustment on my digi tune. This time climbing Olds was better. But I still need some more time on the new belt. It's hard to remember that when its your first trip out. Thanks for the replys guys. About time to head to the Friday night drags!!!!!
that's good to hear....anything good worth sharing as far as the shock setup from the FOX guys? Have fun out there....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I can just see it now...the wife opening the dishwasher and seeing the belt in there! I can imaging how that one will go...
I do the dishes she goes to work ! lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well my shock adjustment will be diff because I'm running spacers. But I'm now 1 1/2 turns out on hi compression. Much much better. He also adjusted my rebound back in but forgot to ask him what it was set at. Whatever the fox rep did its so much better and the muzzy guy. Holy crap! Way way better acceleration.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well my shock adjustment will be diff because I'm running spacers. But I'm now 1 1/2 turns out on hi compression. Much much better. He also adjusted my rebound back in but forgot to ask him what it was set at. Whatever the fox rep did its so much better and the muzzy guy. Holy crap! Way way better acceleration.
What did the muzzy guy adjust ? U know the settings Ihave a digatune also

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What did the muzzy guy adjust ? U know the settings Ihave a digatune also
No I don't know the settings but he did it in about 3 mins.
The Muzzy guys name was Loren

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah it was noticeably better acceleration and no popping on decel. Just having g him adjust the tune made the whole trip worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts