Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before how much better it was, and this past weekend it proved its self again. However at one point I was in a muddy rutt and had it in a bind, it seems to have a problem now, the passenger side quit pulling and making some noise while in a bind, once out of the bind it started working again, later I was climbing and it seemed to stop pulling on the passenger side again and could here the stripping/grinding noise again. I have not tore it down or anything to find out what the problem is I am hoping it is just the end of the axle spline where it goes in the other section of the differintial I have read somewhere where someone either stripped the end of the axle or it broke.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you checked if you maybe just popped an axle? This is the most likely. Jack it up and spin the passenger front wheel while looking at the half shaft.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I havnt done anything yet, will after its cleaned up to dirty right now.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Not to get off topic but how much do those flares help with mud on ur head ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They do a great job ! We were running one with and one without the flares and the one with was 100% better. The other one also like to throw it in your face where the one with them didnt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also if you go look in the general forum area I posted a video it says "Just trying to help" watch the front tires and see where it throws the stuff with the flares on. Also notice we were together riding the same places and notice the difference on how much cleaner mine is compared to the other one. I put most of that on the flares keeping the mud from trowing up front.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Also if you go look in the general forum area I posted a video it says "Just trying to help" watch the front tires and see where it throws the stuff with the flares on. Also notice we were together riding the same places and notice the difference on how much cleaner mine is compared to the other one. I put most of that on the flares keeping the mud from trowing up front.
Nice ! Thanks man I appreciate it .

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have you had a chance to look into the issue any more?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not yet maybe this weekend

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
In the commander my gorilla axle would pop out a little and start grinding, I ended up messing the axle and diff up. If that is the reason on yours than make sure to make a stronger retaining clip

1 - 12 of 12 Posts