Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what part number for a QE front diff works in a 13" mav or does it even matter. I've found about three or four different part numbers and each have different prices. Will they all work? Obviously I want to buy the cheaper one which from what i found is the one for a 12" renegade. I bought the one for the renegade and put in my commander and it worked fine so I guess I just need to know will it work in the mav.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Installing a QE is something on my to do list. Not sure whats right or wrong. Before the 2014 Maverick came out, I was told PN 705401241 from the 2013 Commander.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I really just need to know will they all work. For whatever reason some are cheaper than others.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anybody? Will they all work in the mav? I do know that the internals has the same part number in all qe but not sure why the different part numbers for the complete diff.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I used one out of a 13 commander and had no problems. But I would call Kelly l Mann on this forum and have him fix yours

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used one out of a 13 commander and had no problems. But I would call Kelly l Mann on this forum and have him fix yours
I've been falling the thread on the locking diff and am interested . I was thinking I would put a QE in now and when they get bugs all worked out on the locker then I could send my stock one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
How does he fix it? Rebuild my original?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just change the viscous fluid. It engages almost instantly. I wouldn't try to do it myself unless I had access to a machine shop

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just change the viscous fluid. It engages almost instantly. I wouldn't try to do it myself unless I had access to a machine shop
Can someone do this without pulling the diff?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Were is this guy I'm WV.... I need info about changing mine out...
I cant stand the steering wheel pulling back & forth while I'm in the snow riding...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Keep in mind that it will steer a lot harder thru the corners locked up in 4wd when turning. That's the main complaint when I let a PoPo driver switch with me to try the Maverick, they say WOW yours turns so easy compared to mine. So there is negatives and positives to both. I like it the way it is, plus the snow season is short if that is your only complaint.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Were is this guy I'm WV.... I need info about changing mine out...
I cant stand the steering wheel pulling back & forth while I'm in the snow riding...
From WV also and ride in the snow. Have never noticed mine pulling back and forth. When I had rzr that's all it did when climbing hills or in the snow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What year do u have ??

·
Registered
415 Posts
Think there is more to it then just changing the fluid.

·
Registered
150 Posts
OK I was told that the 2014 has the QE front Diff...
That's why it doesn't pull maybe...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts